× Members

dla

More
12 years 2 months ago #79307 by coral
dla was created by coral
i have just found out i have psoriatic arthritis how will this affect my claim for dla please help i cant walk i have so much pain in my joints this goverment need to sort there heads out

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #79312 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:dla
coral wrote:

i have just found out i have psoriatic arthritis how will this affect my claim for dla please help i cant walk i have so much pain in my joints this goverment need to sort there heads out

Whilst your diagnosis supports your claim, it is the care and mobility needs that result that will win your claim.

Have a look at our DLA Claim guides for more information on the following link.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/dla/#dlaclaims

As this appears to be your first post you may want to have a look at the following FAQ which explans how to navigate the site.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

If you have any specific questions, please come back to the forum.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• wayne
12 years 2 months ago #79315 by wayne
Replied by wayne on topic Re:dla
Coral,Ialso have psoriatic Arthiritis and was awarded higher rate mobility based on a list of my drugs,age,affected joints and a consultants report that I have not actually seen.

A detailed report can only help.

More
12 years 2 months ago #79317 by coral
Replied by coral on topic Re:dla
hi i have had a steroid injection into my hip joint and i am staring methatrexate dont think i have spelt that right lol i have server pain in my toes,feet,kneecaps fingers wrists lower back and top of my spine and i am only 39 i have to were splints on my wrists am just so scared about everything thats can i ask what you on please

• Richo
12 years 2 months ago #79318 by Richo
Replied by Richo on topic Re:dla
Hi sorry to butt in on your thread but I have got a rare and complex condition which is very unpredictable. I have been turned down twice for DLA and have been waiting 16 months for the first appeal to be heard at tribunal. I dont know what else I can provide as proof of my care needs any info would be appreciated as to tips to turn this issue around. :(

• wayne
12 years 2 months ago #79322 by wayne
Replied by wayne on topic Re:dla
I`m 45 but first had R/A at the age of 7 and I recognise all of your issues.

About 4 years I felt my joints slowing me down again, I took a week of work and for 4 months was unable to walk ......

First I tried methotrexate ;)

it had no effect on me but apparently its the standard medical routine....then luckily a drug called Leflunomide became availiable and it took about 3 more months but each day I sensed it working.....I`ve also had cortisone in my shoulders and knees,atm I`m injecting Enbrel once a week(great stuff) I havent a major flare up in 2 years,just a problem with old episodes and `repetetive tasks...

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.