× Members

Two medicals ?

More
12 years 3 months ago #79336 by philip
Two medicals ? was created by philip
If you have a medical and fail then submit a appeal do the DWP ever call for you for a second medical in any circumstances ?

Also I sent my appeal off and it got signed for my my office who deals with my claim on the 5th january, how long should I wait before I contact them to see if they have acknoledge my appeal ?

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 3 months ago #79338 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Two medicals ?
philip wrote:

If you have a medical and fail then submit a appeal do the DWP ever call for you for a second medical in any circumstances ?

Also I sent my appeal off and it got signed for my my office who deals with my claim on the 5th january, how long should I wait before I contact them to see if they have acknoledge my appeal ?

thanks

Hi P,

See Gordon's advice on the thread below regarding your first question :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?func=vie...id=10&id=79132#79137

The DWP are supposed to acknowledge your appeal submission within about 10 days, so you may wish to contact them re : this.

However, as it seems to have been signed for by the Benefits Office, at least you are sure that it has been delivered.

Letters, etc, have been known to "get lost" within the Benefits Office though.

bro58

• carole
12 years 3 months ago #79349 by carole
Replied by carole on topic Re:Two medicals ?
Oh dear im in trouble then :(
I sent my appeal papers back for dla back in nov 11 not heard anything
If they have lost my letter would I be able to re apply for dla ?? my diagnosis has changed anys in fact I have 2 new probs arghhhhhh!!! I have Arachnoiditis + 3 bulging discs...I am now also clinically depressed what a surprise living on the and below poverty levels with under £60 a week as dwp taking money for a mistake they made they didnt pay me for 4 weeks I became homeless and had to have crisis loans that I have to pay back its a joke :ohmy:

More
12 years 3 months ago #79350 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Two medicals ?
carole wrote:

Oh dear im in trouble then :(
I sent my appeal papers back for dla back in nov 11 not heard anything
If they have lost my letter would I be able to re apply for dla ?? my diagnosis has changed anys in fact I have 2 new probs arghhhhhh!!! I have Arachnoiditis + 3 bulging discs...I am now also clinically depressed what a surprise living on the and below poverty levels with under £60 a week as dwp taking money for a mistake they made they didnt pay me for 4 weeks I became homeless and had to have crisis loans that I have to pay back its a joke :ohmy:

What the DWP are supposed to and what they actually do are often far apart.

The first thing to do is contact your local DWP office to find out what is going on.

When you appealed, did you make the request over the phone, write a letter, or complete a GL24?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• carole
12 years 3 months ago #79360 by carole
Replied by carole on topic Re:Two medicals ?
Hi Gordon,
I filled in a form Gl??
I will give them another call tomorrow..
Regards

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.