× Members

Transfer from DLA to PIP.

• picasso
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #79619 by picasso
Transfer from DLA to PIP. was created by picasso
My question is simple.My wife currently recieves DLA and her OAP.She will not be 65 until July 2015.Will she be transferred to PIP or will she be left alone under present plans which I know can change?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #79621 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Transfer from DLA to PIP.
picasso wrote:

My question is simple.My wife currently recieves DLA and her OAP.She will not be 65 until July 2015.Will she be transferred to PIP or will she be left alone under present plans which I know can change?

Hi P,

The transfer from DLA to PIP, will only take place for DLA recipients of "Working Age", as it would seem that your wife is no longer of "Working Age", as she is in receipt of her State Pension (OAP) she will not be transferred.

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by bro58.

• picasso
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #79625 by picasso
Replied by picasso on topic Re:Transfer from DLA to PIP.
Thank you very much for your prompt reply.I get confused with the definition of "working age" with all the talk of people up to 65 being transferred.

More
12 years 3 months ago #79646 by carruthers
Replied by carruthers on topic Re:Transfer from DLA to PIP.
picasso wrote:

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.I get confused with the definition of "working age" with all the talk of people up to 65 being transferred.

People now over 60 are still in the bracket where men and women arrive at pension age differently. This is in the process of changing so that in a few years men and women will retire at the same age.

Just to confuse things that age is being raised (from 65 to 67 I think) for everyone at the same time as the "levelling up".

A man of your wife's age would still be pre-retirement and pre-OAP and so still of working age.

I think that if your wife receives her OAP, then she must have been defined as not of working age.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.