× Members

Benefit payment

• colin
  • Topic Author
12 years 2 months ago #79740 by colin
Benefit payment was created by colin
I have been told that I am no longer entitled to ESA following an atos assesment. I have hadd my ESA stopped and have been told to recieve any payment I have to have a Doctorsa note is this correct?.
Colin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #79745 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Benefit payment
colin wrote:

I have been told that I am no longer entitled to ESA following an atos assesment. I have hadd my ESA stopped and have been told to recieve any payment I have to have a Doctorsa note is this correct?.
Colin

HI C,

As it appears that you are new to the forum, it may help if you read :

Welcome to Benefits and Work

You can access out FAQ’s in the yellow Spotlight Area, at the top above the forum, from here :

FAQ’s

You can search the forums for previously posted topics from here :

Searching The Forum

To see potential sources of face to face advice, and representation, see :

Where to get advice?

You can access our recently updated ESA Appeals Guides Jan 2012 from :

ESA Guides

As you have been found "fit for work" you can either sign on for JSA, or appeal the decision.

You have 1 month to appeal the decision from the date of the "fit for work" decision letter, using a GL24, which can be downloaded from the link on this page :

How to submit an appeal

You will also need to obtain a sick note/fit note from your G.P. to cover you from the date of your disallowance of ESA.

Once you have sent in the GL24, and the sick note, you will be entitled to the Assessment Rate of ESA either until the adverse decision is changed in your favour at the automatic reconsideration stage, or if not then right up until the date of the Tribunal's decision.

You will not have to pay back any of this Assessment Rate ESA, no matter what the outcome.

Please see also :

How long do I have to appeal?

Is there any risk to challenging a decision?

How long to hear an appeal?

Do I have to attend WFIs while I appeal?

ESA medical – what forms to ask for?

ESA Forms

Qualifying for the WRAG

Qualifying for the Support Group

All the above information and much more is available in the FAQ's.

Please come back to the forum, here on this thread, if you have any further questions after reading the above.

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.