× Members

Work focused interviews?

More
12 years 3 months ago #79742 by micksville
Work focused interviews? was created by micksville
As I ponder what to do about being put in Wrag ( whether to appeal or not) I scoured archives re: work focused interviews. A news letter from 5th october last year says more Wrag group claimants will be forced onto work programems either mandatory or voluntarily: It does say where previously those with a prognosis of improvement in 3 months fit that criteria it was being extened to a prognosis of improvement within 6 months.
As Atos have said I don't neeed to be seen for 2 years I wonder if anyone could clarify what that means for me aprt from having to attend the initial Wfi and five subsequent wfi's ( over what period of time)? Could I be forced into training courses of any kind?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #79751 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Work focused interviews?
micksville wrote:

As I ponder what to do about being put in Wrag ( whether to appeal or not) I scoured archives re: work focused interviews. A news letter from 5th october last year says more Wrag group claimants will be forced onto work programems either mandatory or voluntarily: It does say where previously those with a prognosis of improvement in 3 months fit that criteria it was being extened to a prognosis of improvement within 6 months.
As Atos have said I don't neeed to be seen for 2 years I wonder if anyone could clarify what that means for me aprt from having to attend the initial Wfi and five subsequent wfi's ( over what period of time)? Could I be forced into training courses of any kind?

Hi MV,

Thankyou for reposting in a more concise format. :)

It simply means that your expected reassessment date would be around the 2 year mark.

With regards to WFI's you could be required to take part in WRA, training, etc, etc, but they must take into account your limitations.

As you may know, WFI's can be deferred, or held over the phone.

See :

Work Focussed Interviews, (WFI’s)

Work Programme

How often will I be reviewed

This thread may be of interest also :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?func=vie...id=10&id=79233#79233

Hope this helps.

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by bro58.

More
12 years 3 months ago #79753 by micksville
Replied by micksville on topic Re:Work focused interviews?
One thing I noticed there Bro was that people entitled to the carers premium were exempt I get middle rate care and HRM and recieve the disbility premium of Income Support as a consequence. Is this the same thing?
Also, as i said, though i haven't had it in writing yet I have been told by borth Atos and the migration team that I dont need to be seen for at leats two years. Therefore i assume that as my GP gave me a supporting letter saying there was no more medical intervention possible that 2 years would assume a longer term prognosis.
Lastly, when i get the confirmation of award in writing is it usual to have the prognosis time on that award or would i have to request an explanation of how the DM came to that decision?

• bro58
12 years 3 months ago #79760 by bro58
micksville wrote:

One thing I noticed there Bro was that people entitled to the carers premium were exempt I get middle rate care and HRM and recieve the disbility premium of Income Support as a consequence. Is this the same thing?
Also, as i said, though i haven't had it in writing yet I have been told by borth Atos and the migration team that I dont need to be seen for at leats two years. Therefore i assume that as my GP gave me a supporting letter saying there was no more medical intervention possible that 2 years would assume a longer term prognosis.
Lastly, when i get the confirmation of award in writing is it usual to have the prognosis time on that award or would i have to request an explanation of how the DM came to that decision?

Hi MV,

No the carers premium is different.

Carers Premium, or the Carers Allowance, are paid to people who provide care for someone in receipt of DLA Middle or Higher Rate Care, see here :

www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits...rsomeone/DG_10018705

So this exemption from WFI's counts for the "Carer" not the person receiving the care.

Your award letter when you receive it, will not contain the length of your award, "The Prognosis".

To obtain this you should request your ESA85, if an ATOS medical took place, or an ESA85A if one didn't, see :

ESA medical – what forms to ask for?

ESA Forms

The above can be requested over the phone, but should be backed up in writing, to the address on any letters regarding your ESA.

bro58

More
12 years 3 months ago #79804 by micksville
Replied by micksville on topic Re:Work focused interviews?
Thanks Bro I'll certainly request that as a matter of course anyway....and as stated I'm assuming the 2 years period if confirmed is a prognosis that i am in the longer term category- for e.g. i have a friend who was given one year and she hasn't been subject to any real scrutiny on her WFI's thus far.
I assume 2 years before being seen again means they accept Im unlikely to improve withing the next 3-6 months anyway

• bro58
12 years 3 months ago #79808 by bro58
micksville wrote:

Thanks Bro I'll certainly request that as a matter of course anyway....and as stated I'm assuming the 2 years period if confirmed is a prognosis that i am in the longer term category- for e.g. i have a friend who was given one year and she hasn't been subject to any real scrutiny on her WFI's thus far.
I assume 2 years before being seen again means they accept Im unlikely to improve withing the next 3-6 months anyway

Hi MV,

One would certainly think so. :)

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.