× Members

Work focused interviews?

More
12 years 3 months ago #79811 by micksville
Replied by micksville on topic Re:Work focused interviews?
Thanks again Bro.. One final question.. As I am unsure whether to appeal yet or not until I recieve written notification of the award... I looked at the links you provided. it doesnt make clear whether you have to be lodging an appeal in order to request the said info. In other words could I request the ESA 85a and or ESA 113 if needed just as a matter of course so as to see exactly how long my prognosis is and/or how they arrived at the decsision? Or do I have to lodge an appeal in order to request this info?
I assume the award notice will tell you where you scored points or not or would it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 3 months ago #79813 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Work focused interviews?
micksville wrote:

Thanks again Bro.. One final question.. As I am unsure whether to appeal yet or not until I recieve written notification of the award... I looked at the links you provided. it doesnt make clear whether you have to be lodging an appeal in order to request the said info. In other words could I request the ESA 85a and or ESA 113 if needed just as a matter of course so as to see exactly how long my prognosis is and/or how they arrived at the decsision? Or do I have to lodge an appeal in order to request this info?
I assume the award notice will tell you where you scored points or not or would it?

Hi MV,

The ESA Award letter will not really give you a great deal of information, other than, the actual group that you have been placed in, the date from which this payment will start, whether the ESA payment is IRESA, CESA or both, and a breakdown of the actual money that you will receive. It may also go into WFI's, etc, if placed in WRAG

There may be a date of when the ESA will be payed to, however it seems that this is not the date of your expected reassessment, but simply for admin puposes.

You will have 1 month from the date of this letter to appeal.

The matter of requesting the relevant ESA85A, etc,etc, should be done seperately, but you can mention in your appeal submission(GL24) that you are awaiting them, if they have not arrived by the time of submitting your appeal.

If you are to appeal, do not miss the 1 month deadline, because you have not yet received the ESA85A, etc, etc, that you have requested.

bro58

More
12 years 3 months ago #79814 by micksville
I understand that Bro but what if I decide not to appeal? Could i request and recive the ESA 85a anyway... just to get the info i am seeking?

• bro58
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #79815 by bro58
micksville wrote:

I understand that Bro but what if I decide not to appeal? Could i request and recive the ESA 85a anyway... just to get the info i am seeking?

Yes MV,

In fact it is always advisable, as you may wish to contest something that is written in the reports, even if you are not appealing.

Also it may help, for when your next reassessment takes place.

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by bro58.

More
12 years 3 months ago #79817 by micksville
ok Thanks for that Youve been very helpful... i will await the written award and see what it entails....I suppose I could write and request the info and if it doesnt come promptly ( do they have an obligation to provide it within a certain time frame) then maybe I could appeal but withdraw the appeal if and when the ESA 85a comes and its contents are to my satisfaction or are there pitfalls in doing that?

• bro58
12 years 3 months ago #79818 by bro58
micksville wrote:

ok Thanks for that Youve been very helpful... i will await the written award and see what it entails....I suppose I could write and request the info and if it doesnt come promptly ( do they have an obligation to provide it within a certain time frame) then maybe I could appeal but withdraw the appeal if and when the ESA 85a comes and its contents are to my satisfaction or are there pitfalls in doing that?

Hi MV,

If such a request is made in the form of a SAR, under Data Protection, they have 40 days to comply with the request, see :

www.dwp.gov.uk/privacy-policy/data-protection/

A claimant can withdraw an appeal at any time.

You may wish to read the relevant sections on Appeals & ESA in our :

FAQ’s

Our ESA Appeals Guide Jan 2012, can be accessed here : ESA Guides

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.