× Members

DLA reassessment request

• Lady Lou
  • Topic Author
12 years 2 months ago #79774 by Lady Lou
DLA reassessment request was created by Lady Lou
Had alot of help from the CAB when I first claimed DLA 10 years ago.

Was awarded LRC only after a medical (the doctor used to be our family GP years ago)and a sympathetic GP.

CAB recommended against an appeal as it was a lifetime award and suggested waiting to see if my situation deteriorated.

I have recently applied for a reassessment and the CAB person wasn't very knowledgable, but I completed the form in line with the suggestions made on this site.

Received a letter from DLA today saying that they have requested a GP report.

Been with "new" GP for 9 years but she works part time and is a frosty type so I have had a far more involvement with one of the regular locums for about 3 years now.

Bit worried about how to deal with this and would welcome any suggestions.

Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 2 months ago #79779 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:DLA reassessment request
Lady Lou wrote:

Had alot of help from the CAB when I first claimed DLA 10 years ago.

Was awarded LRC only after a medical (the doctor used to be our family GP years ago)and a sympathetic GP.

CAB recommended against an appeal as it was a lifetime award and suggested waiting to see if my situation deteriorated.

I have recently applied for a reassessment and the CAB person wasn't very knowledgable, but I completed the form in line with the suggestions made on this site.

Received a letter from DLA today saying that they have requested a GP report.

Been with "new" GP for 9 years but she works part time and is a frosty type so I have had a far more involvement with one of the regular locums for about 3 years now.

Bit worried about how to deal with this and would welcome any suggestions.

Many thanks.

Hi LL,

Please see info on this link regarding DLA reports sent to your G.P. :

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/medical-reports-completion.pdf

It may help, if you contact, your G.P. practice, amd inform them that the DWP will be contacting them regarding your DLA claim, and requesting that the Locum that you speak of fills in any such report, for the reasons that you have stated, i.e. more knowledge of your conditions and resulting limitations.

You could put this request in writing.

bro58

• Lady Lou
  • Topic Author
12 years 2 months ago #79824 by Lady Lou
Replied by Lady Lou on topic Re:DLA reassessment request
Thanks for that suggestion bro - will get the letter written today.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.