× Members

Moving from ESA to JSA

More
12 years 2 months ago #79807 by john73
Moving from ESA to JSA was created by john73
The question I would like to ask is "If you are about to move from ESA to JSA but have an over-riding fear / paranoia preventing you from entering the JC+ to sign on and then sign in fortnightly, are there any alternative (e.g. online) procedures. Or are you automatically disqualified from JSA as unable to meet the 'jobseekers agreement' conditions?"

Background:
My Grandson (lives with me) has been on ESA for approaching 3 years with mental health issues (0 points from ATOS, 39 points at tribunal). He is much improved but not yet "well", has been informally diagnosed with Aspergers but he refused a formal diagnosis. He continued voluntarily with his Pathways to Work adviser until the programme was ended in April 2011, no contact or support since, and has been applying for 10+ jobs per week for over a year with about six replies, no offers

His condition is now worsening again:
Feels well enough and wants to work and can't
Feels persecuted by government and media as "scrounger"
Has overwhelming dread of imminent "brown letter" from DWP re-assessment
Sees no future and has attempted suicide

Sorry for dumping on the many other sick people on here - just had to get it off my chest.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #79809 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:Moving from ESA to JSA
Hi John

We don't cover JSA but I'm fairly certain that there is no alternative to signing on in person.

I do hope that he manages to find work that his health allows without being pushed onto JSA.

Regards

Derek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.