× Members

DISABILITY PREMIUM/CARERS ALLOWANCE

More
12 years 2 months ago #79810 by margymuggins
DISABILITY PREMIUM/CARERS ALLOWANCE was created by margymuggins
Hi can anyone answer my question please
my hubby has got a carer but is thinking of giving it up if he does would my hubby qualify automatically for the disability premium and would it be paid to him and how much
:unsure: many thanks
margymuggins x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 2 months ago #79812 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:DISABILITY PREMIUM/CARERS ALLOWANCE
margymuggins wrote:

Hi can anyone answer my question please
my hubby has got a carer but is thinking of giving it up if he does would my hubby qualify automatically for the disability premium and would it be paid to him and how much
:unsure: many thanks
margymuggins x

Hi MM,

It is possible for a claimant to receive "disability premiums" and for someone giving them care, to receive carers allowance or the carers premium.

As long as the claimant is in receipt of the relevant award of DLA, see :

www.direct.gov.uk/en/DisabledPeople/Fina...AndSupport/DG_068683

And :

www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits...rsomeone/DG_10018705

If your husband thinks that he may also be entitled to disability premiums, he should send the relevant notice of his DLA award to the office dealing with his other benefits, regarding his potential entitlement to such premiums.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.