× Members

'successful review' - DLA

More
12 years 3 months ago #79820 by shane63
'successful review' - DLA was created by shane63
I received notification today that my DLA benefit remains unchanged following a review. I was on higher rate care and mobility as a result of an underlying medical condition. My condition fluctuates, sometimes dramatically,more often than not it remains the same. With the help of this site in filling in the review document I still have the higher rate for care and mobility. Thank you very much for the assistance. Shane

PS: Initially the DWP informed me that they were reviewing my benefit as a result of a report from my consultant which indicated a change in circumstances. I was quite shocked when I received this letter and immediately let them know (both DWP and my Consultant)of my surprise at this change.I requested the DWP to provide me with the reasons why they thought my circumstances had changed and also a copy of the medical report as I had not seen the contents.In the meantime I had a scheduled appointment with my consultant and was very surprised to find out that she had indicated that there had been no change, a slight worsening infact, she had also recommended I would benefit from staying on the allowance. She was shocked by there letter stating the change in my circumstance and wrote to them via me stating that.I wonder if this is a normal practice, if so, I think it is a nasty and morally corrupt practice. It resulted in a very stressful period of uncertainty for me. Just be aware that this may happen to you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #79832 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:'successful review' - DLA
Congratulations on your continuing award and thanks for letting us know.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.