× Members

ESA Medical

More
12 years 2 months ago #79821 by jacksmum1
ESA Medical was created by jacksmum1
Through ill-health lasy year, I was advised to retire from work on the advice of my Occupational Health doctor with my employers in full agreement. I am currently receiving DLA HRC, HRM. On applying for ESA I have now been called for a medical assessment (phonecall) even though I enclosed all my consultants letters with my application. Is this the norm? Assuming that I shall be put in to the WRAG group (obviously my application did not allow me to move directly into support group)how can they expect me to go to work based interviews etc seeking work when I have been told I am not capable of working ever again? The first phone call was followed by another a day later which was a silent call, this I have ignored. Is this the norm??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #79835 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:ESA Medical
jacksmum

Only a few new applications for ESA will escape a medical being held, so this is not unusual.

You should not assume that having a medical means you will be placed in the WRAG, if you meet the Support Group criteria you will be placed there.

Being in the WRAG does not mean you need to seek work, infact it is the complete opposite, you are neither required to seek work or to work while you are in the WRAG.

That said, you would be required to carry out Work Related Activity and to attend Work Focussed Interviews.

I can't comment on the phone calls.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQs

Qualifying for the WRAG

Qualifying for the Support Group

Work Focussed Interviews

Work Programme

ESA Medical – What to expect

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 2 months ago #79839 by jacksmum1
Replied by jacksmum1 on topic Re:ESA Medical
Work related activity? I had huge problems trying to keep the job I had...and that involved sitting at a desk most of the time, its not just physical problems I have its mental probs also, I can't remember things from one minute to the next. Attending any interview, medicals, or activities is not within my abilities at present.....Incidently thank you for your swift reply but I still don't see how they can expect me partake in any work related activity. I can't even move around my home properly let alone anything else.

More
12 years 2 months ago #79842 by Gordon
jacksmum

IF you are placed in the WRAG and not the Support Group, then I'm afraid that participation is mandatory, but I think you are getting ahead of yourself, wait and see what happens :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 2 months ago #79844 by jacksmum1
Replied by jacksmum1 on topic Re:ESA Medical
I apologise Gordon, I realise I am panicking / anxious about the unknown. I don't cope at all well with face to face interviews, I stumble over my words and forget almost straight away what is being said to me....Thank you once again for your advice..at least it is typed so I can read it over and over again before itsinks in. Great site to be on and proud to say I am a member of.

More
12 years 2 months ago #79845 by Gordon
jacksmum

No need to apologise.

Just between you and me, my wife and I are terrified of any brown envelope that comes through the door, although I suspect we are not alone in this :)

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.