× Members

DLA Renewal Successful!

More
12 years 2 months ago #79859 by feline
DLA Renewal Successful! was created by feline
Hi all,

I just wanted to send you an update after a couple of DLA queries I posted on this site towards the end of last year, when I was still in the process of reapplying for my DLA renewal.

I have ME and depression, and at the time I was getting middle rate care and lower rate mobility. It mattered so much to me to continue getting it as my DLA was allowing me to have psychotherapy treatment as well as to live alone (I am under 35 and under new government rules would have been forced into a houseshare).

I followed the advice of moderators and forum users to my posts, and followed the benefits and works guides, as well as seeking out good welfare rights advice in my local area and from Action for ME and my local ME group.

I received my DLA letter last Thursday, 8 weeks after posting it, to say that I have been awarded it at the same rate for the next 5 years - I nearly cried with relief! And I got the award despite getting no support at all from my GP! I am so grateful to you all for the help I have received - I couldn't have done it without you.

Good luck to everyone on the site - keep fighting for what you deserve to be happy and well.

Feline xxx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #79862 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:DLA Renewal Successful!
Feline

Congratulations and thanks for letting us know.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 2 months ago #79871 by susan5050
Replied by susan5050 on topic Re:DLA Renewal Successful!
Congratulations on your news,and I also hope many others get some good news. I agree with you fully on your comments about the support on this site. Where I am located there has been so many cutbacks that there is nowhere else I can turn to for advice,and without the information on here the whole DWP forms would be a total mystery.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.