× Members

IBNIC's or Men's pre-retirement NIC's

More
12 years 3 months ago #80185 by tiredteddy
IBNIC's or Men's pre-retirement NIC's was created by tiredteddy
Hi,

Shortly I will be the age at which if I were a woman I would be able to receive the State Retirement Pension and I understand that I will be eligible for NIC's until I am 65.

Currently I am on IBNIC's and I am wondering if I should remain on these or change to the other type and avoid future medical hassles?
There is no financial difference in either course as I receive no funding.

Kind regards,

Stewart.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #80195 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:IBNIC's or Men's pre-retirement NIC's
Stewart

We're not really in a position to advise on this issue, however there are a couple of things I would comment on.

As I understand it, claimants only receiving NI Credits will be transferred last of all, in 2014.

Secondly, The State Retirement Age has been increasing over the last few years, it would be worth checking, if you have not already done so, as to whether you are affected. See

State Pension age calculator

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 3 months ago #80407 by tiredteddy
Replied by tiredteddy on topic Re:IBNIC's or Men's pre-retirement NIC's
Thank you Gordon,

My birthday is 04/1951, a woman, my age gets her pension on 12/05/2012 and I, a man get mine on my 65th birthday.

Now there are bound to be lots of people in similar situation as myself, getting NIC's and maybe DLA as a non-means tested benefit.

So I supose the real question is does IBNIC's do anthing else than ordinary NIC's as described here:

www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits...lInsurance/DG_190059

Section "A man approaching age 65"

Then if not why go through the hassle of ESA when the time comes.

Kind regards,

Stewart.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.