× Members

esa decision-making with NO medical evidence

• bro58
12 years 3 months ago #80342 by bro58
carole wrote:

Thankz survivor
But The new evidence is backing up what I DID tell the so called medical person but she just didnt add this or submit the written stuff..
At the time of the medical I still couldent walk more than 10 flippin feet never mind 200mtrs how can any evidence other than MRI etc support this?
Can I not add new evidence to an apeal? I thought you could as long as you tell the clerk??? :unsure:

Yes C,

You can submit fresh evidence for your appeal, right up until the hearing.

I'ts advisable however not to leave it until last minute.

It may be advisable to send copies of anything that you send to the Tribunal to the DWP also.

See also :

Preparing for a Tribunal

Adding pages to your submission

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• carole
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #80417 by carole
Hi,
Just went back to My GP and indeed they did not ask for any medical opinions as to my condition ..He is now writing me a medical opinion to send along with one from my health worker..I am also due back with a new neurosureon in 2 weeks so wont wait for his letter as will miss appeal deadline can I take his opinion actually to the tribunal on the day or would you post this to the dwp or the tribunal?? confused as always :unsure:

More
12 years 3 months ago #80421 by Gordon
carole wrote:

Hi,
Just went back to My GP and indeed they did not ask for any medical opinions as to my condition ..He is now writing me a medical opinion to send along with one from my health worker..I am also due back with a new neurosureon in 2 weeks so wont wait for his letter as will miss appeal deadline can I take his opinion actually to the tribunal on the day or would you post this to the dwp or the tribunal?? confused as always :unsure:

I think you are confusing an appeal with a Reconsideration, it's easily done :)

When you lodge an appeal with the DWP, they will carry out a Reconsideration of the Decsion. This will be carried out by a different Decsion Maker who will re-evaluate your original evidence AND any new evidence that you submit in the 3-4 week window that they should allow you to do this within.

If you have evidence, such as the GP letter you refer to in your post, you should send it to your local DWP office, for the attenion of the Decision Maker.

If the DM does not revise the Decision, they will then submit your case to the Tribunal Service for an appeal to be heard. Once this happens, you should submit any further evidence to the TS who will then distribute a copy to all concerned parties.

You can continue to submit evidence to the TS up to and including the day of your hearing, but we would strongly recommend you have everything with them at least 14 days before to avoid the possibility of your case being adjourned.

I hope this explains it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• carole
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #80499 by carole
Thank Gordon the mist is lifting :)

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.