× Members

Access to Medical Records ??

• emma72
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #80364 by emma72
Access to Medical Records ?? was created by emma72
Hi Everyone,

I've just spoken to my G.P.'s receptionist regarding access to my medical record's.I need them to use as supporting evidence for my ESA Appeal.
She said i needed to write a letter, and fill out a form at reception, which i have just done.
I asked what happens now ? she said someone will call you to discuss why you need them ! and then it's up to your G.P. weather or not he allows you to see them !!! ????
It also says on the form, it may cost up to £50 :ohmy:
And take up to 40 days to produce !! :huh:
I thought anyone was allowed access to their medical records ??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #80369 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Access to Medical Records ??
Emma

The following FAQs explain the situation in more detail

Requesting your medical records

Charging for medical records

The requirement for a doctor to agree to you seeing your records should be a formality for most patients. Occasionally a patients records will include something called "harmful information" a doctor can restrict your access to this type of information.

Hope this explains it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.