× Members

Been put into WRAG/Advice re WFIs needed

More
12 years 3 months ago #80367 by k9feline
Hello all, I received the dreaded brown envelope yesterday and found that I have been put into the WRAG. Obviously I am pleased that I have been accepted for ESA but because I suffer with depression & anxiety I am worried about what will happen at the WFI's I will have to attend.

Unfortunately because I live in a not very nice area of south London my job centre has a large number of alcoholics & other not so nice people regularly using them and/or hanging around outside. Clearly I can't do much about this but I don't particularly want to be sitting around inside the JC for ages waiting to be seen. Also I can imagine that the person who will be conducting my WFIs will have no or very little understanding of depression/anxiety and how it affects sufferers, and I am concerned that I will be expected to attend work placements/interviews etc which I am not mentally ready to face up to.

Can anyone who has been to WFIs let me know how a case such as mine will be treated.

I don't think it is worth me appealing to go into the support group and I wouldn't want to risk losing my ESA completely.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.