× Members

Been put into WRAG/Advice re WFIs needed

More
12 years 3 months ago #80367 by k9feline
Hello all, I received the dreaded brown envelope yesterday and found that I have been put into the WRAG. Obviously I am pleased that I have been accepted for ESA but because I suffer with depression & anxiety I am worried about what will happen at the WFI's I will have to attend.

Unfortunately because I live in a not very nice area of south London my job centre has a large number of alcoholics & other not so nice people regularly using them and/or hanging around outside. Clearly I can't do much about this but I don't particularly want to be sitting around inside the JC for ages waiting to be seen. Also I can imagine that the person who will be conducting my WFIs will have no or very little understanding of depression/anxiety and how it affects sufferers, and I am concerned that I will be expected to attend work placements/interviews etc which I am not mentally ready to face up to.

Can anyone who has been to WFIs let me know how a case such as mine will be treated.

I don't think it is worth me appealing to go into the support group and I wouldn't want to risk losing my ESA completely.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris