× Members

New guidance Vision / Hearing

• TR
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #80463 by TR
New guidance Vision / Hearing was created by TR
I have just read the B and W newsletter and noticed the Medical Services Guidence change regarding visual and hearing guidance and the fact that the DWP may not have revisited cases.
I have just had a medical and been placed in the WRAG group - however when the ESA 50 was completed I felt the section 7 required one to have both hearing and visual impairment to qualify so I concentrated on Section 8 getting around safely.
Now the change in guidance has been highlighted, can I ask for a review / appeal on a section that I didn't fill out as it suggested that it didn't apply to me.

I have one day left before the month is up for notification of appeal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #80467 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:New guidance Vision / Hearing
TR

In principle, yes, you could appeal the Decision.

To be clear, to be placed in the Support Group, you need to meet the following criteria.

Cannot understand a simple message due to
sensory impairment, such as the location of a
fire escape.

The new advice relates to

a claimant who has normal hearing but very poor sight to the extent of being unable to read 16 point print and who also cannot read Braille, or

A claimant who has normal vision and can easily understand the written word, but who cannot hear at all and is unable to lip read

The following FAQs may be relevant

Is there any risk to challenging a decision?

How long do I have to appeal?

How to submit an appeal

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 3 months ago #80471 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:New guidance Vision / Hearing
TR

Just to add, you may help your case by explaining why you did not complete the relevant section of the ESA50, on the GL24 Appeal form.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.