× Members

Appeals

More
12 years 3 months ago #80473 by tavaras
Appeals was created by tavaras
Can someone help me,I got nil points for ib,ave appealed,but if I lose appeal which I don't expect to,due to work injury 12 years ago..will I lose my dla automatically,or will it be re assesed...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #80477 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Appeals
tavaras wrote:

Can someone help me,I got nil points for ib,ave appealed,but if I lose appeal which I don't expect to,due to work injury 12 years ago..will I lose my dla automatically,or will it be re assesed...

I assume you are appealing an ESA Decision following a failure to be transferred from IB to ESA.

The DLA unit are made aware of failed ESA medicals, however, there are only limited areas of overlap between ESA and DLA, primarily mobility and continence.

So if your condition does not relate to these areas, it is unlikely that your DLA will be re-assessed, however, if it does, then there is a possibility that your claim will be looked at and possibly re-assessed.

If you have not already looked, our ESA Appeal guide is available on the following link.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa

Good luck

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.