× Members

IB to ESA Going to Appeal

More
12 years 3 months ago #80508 by Lima6
IB to ESA Going to Appeal was created by Lima6
My husband was on IB but following a medical in July of last year he scored zero. The DM didn't obtain medical reports from either his GP or his Consultant Rheumatologist, a point I mentioned on his appeal form. The reconsideration came back and yet they had still failed to obtain a medical report from either doctor.

On Wednesday we received his appeal paperwork - I couldn't believe my eyes at some of the inaccuracies it contains. :ohmy: They have stated his age as being 5 years younger than he actually is, they stated I helped him off and on with his jacket which was most peculiar as he wasn't even wearing one. I did however help him to put on his toe splints, socks and shoes after his examination and this didn't even merit a mention.

They gave the length of time of the examination as being 55 minutes, during which time the nurse stated hubby was sitting for 48 minutes and standing for 6 minutes - which according to my arithmetic is 54 minutes so that left one whole minute to carry out all the tests while hubby was lying on the couch :huh: A minute has never gone so slowly, you know it felt more like 20! :angry:

The report was finished 45 minutes after we left the examination room so either the Nurse has a rather poor memory or is completely rubbish at note-taking!

We had a phone call yesterday from the CAB asking us if we'd like an interview to go over the paperwork as they had spotted some inaccuracies & I haven't even told them about the ones in the examination room yet!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.