× Members

Gross Maladministration/ESA Benefit

• Dorset-angel
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #80515 by Dorset-angel
Gross Maladministration/ESA Benefit was created by Dorset-angel
DWP made a gross Maladministration last year in the October and admitted liability, however, i have never recieved an apology let alone any compensation from their error. So far i have been on the appeal rate of 67.50 for the last 8 months. I got a letter yesterday stating that tribunal have a back log and now my case won't be heard until May making me 13 Months on the appeal rate. Had DWP not made a gross error i would have been in Court last November when they sent the papers to my old address in August last year, of which i have not lived there for 18 months. It was DWP fault who never told Tribunal of my move, having already had paperwork from DWP at my new address. The old address links in with my claim from 2 year ago when i attended a court for an appeal. I am finding it very difficult to find a solicitor who is willing to take my claim on as apparently it is now a Public Law issue. I rang many yesterday but because it is to do with Welfare Benefits, i am having no luck. I have written to my MP, Parliamentary Health Ombudsman, and various other departments of which all say you need the law involved. I have tried my local CAB of which i have also come to a blank wall. I have ME/CFS and Fibro along with other health issues and this is suppressing me even more, let alone the strain and stress of which is impinging on my health. Anyone please can you help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #80572 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Gross Maladministration/ESA Benefit
Dorset-angel

As you have decided to refer this matter to a solicitor there is very little we can assist you with. I believe this link has already been posted, but in the hope it can be of assistance.

Where to get advice?

A Google search of "solicitors benefit law" seemed to produce some results that would be of use.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.