× Members

welfare and support allowance

More
12 years 3 months ago #80531 by susandawson
welfare and support allowance was created by susandawson
hi can anybody help with 2 questions i`ve been placed in wrag group without a medical i believe i should be in support group but due to the fact i am exempt from work focus interveiws because i get carers premium i was not going to appeal i requested all my paperwork 2 weeks ago and still not recieved it is this normal question 2 by being placed in the wrag group is there a danger of my dla beening re-assessed i currently receive high rate mobility middle rate care for life has anybody else been in this situation i have only a week to get appeal in if needed don`t really think i`ve got the strength to deal with this many thanks sue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #80540 by micksville
Replied by micksville on topic Re: welfare and support allowance
Im in pretty much same position Sue i have been placed in Wrag without medical and get HRM MRC but that is sue for review in spring.
I was advised on here that the only real areas of over lap with ESA and DLA are mobility and continence.
I assume that as DLA takes account of walking whereas WRAG deals with mobilising then there shouldnt be too much danger with your HRM
care seems to be the issue where overpal may occur.
There are more and more posts on here where members are being transfered into WRAG without a medical. Looks to me like the system is so clogged thayve taken the Incap ben people who are most likely to recieve some award of ESA on the paperwork and given them the benefit of the doubt for now by placing them in WRAG Perhaps as theyre trying to relieve the strain on the medical staff due to the high number of medicals

• bro58
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #80543 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:welfare and support allowance
sue1 wrote:

hi can anybody help with 2 questions i`ve been placed in wrag group without a medical i believe i should be in support group but due to the fact i am exempt from work focus interveiws because i get carers premium i was not going to appeal i requested all my paperwork 2 weeks ago and still not recieved it is this normal question 2 by being placed in the wrag group is there a danger of my dla beening re-assessed i currently receive high rate mobility middle rate care for life has anybody else been in this situation i have only a week to get appeal in if needed don`t really think i`ve got the strength to deal with this many thanks sue

Hi S1,

Please see micksville's valid comments regarding ESA and DLA.

Please be aware even with "Life Awards" of DLA, which were replaced by "Indefinate Awards" a claimant's DLA can be reviewed at any time after being in receipt of said award for 12 months, see :

The Right Payment Programme

With regards to appealing WRAG, yes there is some risk, in that your award will be looked at again by a deifferent DM, the DM could also request that you attend a medical, however we have not had reports of either of these scenario's happening with our members.

Please see :

Qualifying for the Support Group

ESA medical – what forms to ask for?

ESA Forms

How long do I have to appeal?
How to submit an appeal
Is there any risk to challenging a decision?

How long to hear an appeal?

And our ESA Appeals Guide, here :

ESA Guides

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by bro58.

More
12 years 3 months ago #80561 by susandawson
Replied by susandawson on topic Re:welfare and support allowance
thanks for your reply micksville and bro58 any advice on what to do should i appeal or leave it and hope for the best just don`t know what to do thank you sue

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.