× Members

Telephone Call From D.W.P

More
12 years 3 months ago #80655 by patman
Telephone Call From D.W.P was created by patman
Hi
Can anyone kindley help me if poss, i received a call on saturday morning at 9.10am from the d.w.p, i dodnt take the call and no message was left, i am getting income support with disability premiums and HRC&HRM i know my time will be coming to change to the E.S.A, im wondering if this is this is the start on it as i have never had a call from them before yet alone on a saturday morning, could anyone advice if i should take the call as i have an hearing aid in each ear and strugle at times to hear on the telephone, should i wait to see if they write to me or just take the call next time? any advice would be great
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 3 months ago #80660 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Telephone Call From D.W.P
patman wrote:

Hi
Can anyone kindley help me if poss, i received a call on saturday morning at 9.10am from the d.w.p, i dodnt take the call and no message was left, i am getting income support with disability premiums and HRC&HRM i know my time will be coming to change to the E.S.A, im wondering if this is this is the start on it as i have never had a call from them before yet alone on a saturday morning, could anyone advice if i should take the call as i have an hearing aid in each ear and strugle at times to hear on the telephone, should i wait to see if they write to me or just take the call next time? any advice would be great
Thanks

Hi P,

The first indication generally that you are being migrated to ESA, is in the form of a letter, then you get the phone call, and then your ESA50 should arrive.

It is entirely up to you if you take the phonecall, you do not have to. See :

Answering a phone call from the DWP or ATOS

The Transfer Process

What will I be transferred to?

When will I be transferred?

Who will be transferred?

What will I be Paid?

As it appears that you are new to the forum, it may help if you read :

Welcome to Benefits and Work

You can access out FAQ’s in the yellow Spotlight Area, at the top above the forum, from here :

FAQ’s

You can search the forums for previously posted topics from here :

Searching The Forum

To see potential sources of face to face advice, and representation, see :

Where to get advice?

You can access our ESA Guides from here :

ESA Guides

bro58

More
12 years 3 months ago #80670 by patman
Replied by patman on topic Re:Telephone Call From D.W.P
Hi
Thanks for the info, only reason i ask is because you say the first thing is a letter, only a friend in my day centre i go to said when he was changing he got a letter that said they have been trying to contact him by phone but didnt have a current number on file for him and they asked him to call them which he did, so i am wondering if this could be the reason they are calling now rather than writting and then if they carnt get hold of you they write, it's just i dont want them thinking oh that person is not at home, i bet there out shopping or something by not answering the phone,it'sa bit of a no win sitution here.

• bro58
12 years 3 months ago #80671 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Telephone Call From D.W.P
patman wrote:

Hi
Thanks for the info, only reason i ask is because you say the first thing is a letter, only a friend in my day centre i go to said when he was changing he got a letter that said they have been trying to contact him by phone but didnt have a current number on file for him and they asked him to call them which he did, so i am wondering if this could be the reason they are calling now rather than writting and then if they carnt get hold of you they write, it's just i dont want them thinking oh that person is not at home, i bet there out shopping or something by not answering the phone,it'sa bit of a no win sitution here.

Hi P,

I suppose it is possible that the letter was lost in the post.

It is upto you whether you answer the call or not.

bro58

More
12 years 3 months ago #80672 by patman
hi
thanks for the help and advice, i hope others could post there replys to see if this has happened to them or anyone they know
best wishes to everyone and keep the good work up you guyd your great.

More
12 years 3 months ago #80927 by patman
Hi
Just wanted to up-date the site, i received a call today, and they said they were from the jobcentre and asking me about moving to E.S.A, i told them oh i have not received any notice you would be calling me, which he said we dont have to if we have your number then you giving us notice to call you when and if the need arises, i told him i would not talk about benefits over the phone and if so they would need to write to me about such matters, he then said ok if that's the game you want to play i will get a letter in the post in the next few day's and then said to my horror you carnt put off what is about to happen, before i could ask him aything elses he said thanks for your time and hung up!! it seemd they are calling people now and not just writting as i thought my letter had got lost in the post so please try and be aware of this if they have your number they can call you when they wont
thanks all :(

Moderators: bro58GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.