× Members

Telephone Call From D.W.P

• bro58
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #80932 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Telephone Call From D.W.P
patman wrote:

Hi
Just wanted to up-date the site, i received a call today, and they said they were from the jobcentre and asking me about moving to E.S.A, i told them oh i have not received any notice you would be calling me, which he said we dont have to if we have your number then you giving us notice to call you when and if the need arises, i told him i would not talk about benefits over the phone and if so they would need to write to me about such matters, he then said ok if that's the game you want to play i will get a letter in the post in the next few day's and then said to my horror you carnt put off what is about to happen, before i could ask him aything elses he said thanks for your time and hung up!! it seemd they are calling people now and not just writting as i thought my letter had got lost in the post so please try and be aware of this if they have your number they can call you when they wont
thanks all :(

Hi P,

Thanks for the update.

We have had members who have been surprised that the DWP have had their phone number, only to find that they had given it to the DWP at some time in the past, and it remained on file.

If members are confident that the DWP do not already have their phone number, they do not have to provide it, in the ESA50 or anywhere else.

They can also choose not to take the call, or simply refuse to discuss anything over the phone, just as you did.

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #80934 by patman
Replied by patman on topic Re:Telephone Call From D.W.P
hi
Your people at work and benefits are brilliant i really dont know what i would do without your help
THANK YOU SO MUCH
best wishes to everyone! :)

• paula
12 years 3 months ago #80964 by paula
Replied by paula on topic Re:Telephone Call From D.W.P
Hi Patman,
They are supposed to send a letter, then phone, the people at the dwp are supposed to be people friendly so if you think the person at the other end was rude etc you can complain to the manager of the job centre. It is worth thinking of aksing the DWP on your ESA 50 to corresopond with you via letter so you have a clear indication of what they want, the dwp are good at denying they have called spoken to you or what was said, so a paper trial you know what is happening. I wish you lots of lucj with your claim, the ESA 50 next you will have only 4 weeks to fill this nightmare in, the pdf one on this site gives you the idea of what it is like, and the guides are good at helping you. Get somone to help you fill it in. Thinking of you,.

• rosyposy
12 years 3 months ago #80967 by rosyposy
Replied by rosyposy on topic Re:Telephone Call From D.W.P
I feel for you and, I too listen with two aids. Thank goodness for the advice on this site. If not for them would not have realised, NOT to answer the phone and NOT to enter into discussions with them should they call. (your choice)

Had a not so good experience today with WFI..but, that's another story,,or, another thread..

Am now awaiting results of my ESA50 which I sent off 2 weeks ago..and I only filled out my last one in November!! Feels almost like a full time job being sick!

Moderators: bro58GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.