× Members

manual dexterity

• paula
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #80716 by paula
manual dexterity was created by paula
Hi have looked at the physical esa guides about manual dexterity, and I am a little confused. I have Rhumatoid Arthrtis, and it has affected my hands and writis mainly. I am suffering with weakness, fatigue, and pain and stiffness with this, it is exhausting and painful to use the fingers on the keyboard to do this, and i would not be able to repeat it realibly. Am like this with turning pages in book, etc holding a pen, if i go into detail mentioning all this. Also can be in the middle of holding something and would have to stop because no grip or extreme pain and weakness. It is hard to describe when it is happening. Just know it is having massive impact on every day activites to do anything.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 3 months ago #80722 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:manual dexterity
paula wrote:

Hi have looked at the physical esa guides about manual dexterity, and I am a little confused. I have Rhumatoid Arthrtis, and it has affected my hands and writis mainly. I am suffering with weakness, fatigue, and pain and stiffness with this, it is exhausting and painful to use the fingers on the keyboard to do this, and i would not be able to repeat it realibly. Am like this with turning pages in book, etc holding a pen, if i go into detail mentioning all this. Also can be in the middle of holding something and would have to stop because no grip or extreme pain and weakness. It is hard to describe when it is happening. Just know it is having massive impact on every day activites to do anything.

Hi P,

The best advice that I could give, is to go into detail about how and when/how often, the resulting limitations from your medical conditions effect you, with respect to the questions in the ESA50, and the qualifying ESA Descriptors.

bro58

• paula
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #80808 by paula
Replied by paula on topic Re:manual dexterity
Thanks Bro, I appreciate your reply, cheers!

More
12 years 3 months ago #80827 by TCP
Replied by TCP on topic Re: manual dexterity
Hi. My main problem is painful hands and I cannot repeat tasks. As the day progresses this gets worse. I made it clear on my forms that my hands are a very big problem.

• The Thing
12 years 3 months ago #80844 by The Thing
Replied by The Thing on topic Re:manual dexterity
The best advice that I could give, is to go into detail about how and when/how often, the resulting limitations from your medical conditions effect you, with respect to the questions in the ESA50, and the qualifying ESA Descriptors.

bro58[/quote]

For instance I cannot open my mail because of the problems in both my hands,also I need help with fastening buttons/zips on my clothes.I cannot open lids on jars because of problems with both hands,this happens on a daily basis.

Hope this helps in some way.

• paula
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #80930 by paula
Replied by paula on topic Re:manual dexterity
Thanks guys for your replies, it helps a lot.

Moderators: bro58GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.