× Members

Approaching GP for Evidence in Case of Appeal

• bro58
12 years 3 months ago #80855 by bro58
Augustus wrote:

Hi bro58

For an appeal, would I have time to sort out GP support/clarification, or does all this have to be supplied with the appeal form?

Or put another way, if I enclosed something with the appeal form would it improve my chances at the reconsideration stage?

Also, i can't afford representation for an appeal tribunal. Is there evidence that those who go alone are less successful, or are viewed differently by tribunal panel? [ie if going alone, you can't be that ill]

Thanks

A

Hi A,

Once the DWP recive your GL24 Form, you will then have around a 4 week window of opportunity to submit any fresh evidence that you wish to be taken into account at the reconsideration stage, so if you wish to have a chance to have the decision changed here, you should try and submit any evidence within that 4 week window.

After that, if the decision is not changed, you can still submit fresh evidence right up until near the time of the Tribunal Hearing, which as you can see from this link, may be months away :

How long to hear an appeal?

It is still possible to obtain free advice and representation, see :

Where to get advice?

If you can not obtain advice, or a rep from the above mentioned sources, anyone who is willing to, can act as your Rep, and you can be accompanied on the day of the Tribunal.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.