× Members

IB to ESA initial letter just received

More
12 years 3 months ago #80776 by TTD
After working for over 30 years, due to illness I was dismissed.

I've been on IB since 2008, and have just received a letter from DWP advising me that I'll be moving on to ESA (I knew it was due to happen).

The letter says that I'll get a phone call from them within 2 weeks, and then they'll send out the dreaded form.

I've got Mental Health issues, Endometriosis, Sleep Apnoea and recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia.

To say that my anxiety has gone through the roof, would be an understatement. I can't concentrate on reading half of what's on this site!

I just felt that I needed to connect with people who know what I'm going to be going through, and hopefully help guide me through the minefield that lies ahead.

www.fmauk.org/forums Fighting for Freedom from Fibromyalgia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sammylou
12 years 3 months ago #80777 by Sammylou
Replied by Sammylou on topic Re:IB to ESA initial letter just received
Hi
I have fibro too, its awful, especially with arthritis. I cried for days waiting for call. They just read a script which is same as letter and then asked if i had questions. I wanted to know how much i would be paid during transition, reasonable i thought, to be tols it was confidential n she couldnt discuss!!!! I asked if the medical would be with someone experienced in fibro n she said it didnt matter. I think it does, so its u fair to start with. Whole call is pointless really. Get as much evidence as you can to send with your form. Hopefully your gp is nicer than mine and supports you. Mine thinks i waste his time im sure. The process is stressful no doubt but dont give in. All the best

• bro58
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #80778 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:IB to ESA initial letter just received
TTD wrote:

After working for over 30 years, due to illness I was dismissed.

I've been on IB since 2008, and have just received a letter from DWP advising me that I'll be moving on to ESA (I knew it was due to happen).

The letter says that I'll get a phone call from them within 2 weeks, and then they'll send out the dreaded form.

I've got Mental Health issues, Endometriosis, Sleep Apnoea and recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia.

To say that my anxiety has gone through the roof, would be an understatement. I can't concentrate on reading half of what's on this site!

I just felt that I needed to connect with people who know what I'm going to be going through, and hopefully help guide me through the minefield that lies ahead.

Hi TTD,

As it appears that you are new to the forum, and just in case you have not already done so, it may help if you read :

Welcome to Benefits and Work

You can access our FAQ’s in the yellow Spotlight Area, at the top above the forum, from here :

FAQ’s

You can search the forums for previously posted topics from here :

Searching The Forum

To see potential sources of face to face advice, and representation, see :

Where to get advice?

You can access our ESA Guides from here :

ESA Guides

In particular it may help to read :

The Transfer Process

Who will be transferred?

What will I be transferred to?

What will I be Paid?

Answering a phone call from the DWP or ATOS

Qualifying for the WRAG

Qualifying for the Support Group

You may wish to consider using the Pdf Version of the ESA50, many members have, and have found it much easier, see :

Use Of The Interactive PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

And :

How long do I have to complete the ESA50?

Of course other members may offer words of support also.

If you have any further general queries, please repost here.

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by bro58.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #80779 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:IB to ESA initial letter just received
TTD

If you have a look at our Frequently Asked Questions there is a section on the Transfer which should answer all of your questions. The FAQs are on the following link

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?func=view&catid=10&id=70444

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by bro58. Reason: Edited username

• paula
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #80784 by paula
Replied by paula on topic Re:IB to ESA initial letter just received
Hi TTD,
Thinking of you. The guides on this site are brilliant, when you can have a look. You can get friends and family to write letters of support in regards to how your illnesses affect you day to day and the imitations you experience as long as they reflect the descriptors the DWP etc test for. Can anyone help you with all this, espeically the form filling? There is the PDF questionnaire on this site, have a look and you will know what to expect. You will only have 4 weeks to fill it in. Hang in there, and lots of luck. Warm wishes. Oh the date of the letter you got they take in as part of the two weeks, normally they take five days to get to you, so what was the date and then you may get a call on day 10, you do not have to answer it, it is up to you.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by bro58. Reason: TTD

• bulliemad
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #80809 by bulliemad
Replied by bulliemad on topic Re:IB to ESA initial letter just received
hi TTD
im in the same position as you, i got my esa50 to fill in the other week and have 2 weeks left, i have followed the guides on here and have filled it in on a blank sheet of paper and im going to citizen advice tomorrow to get more help filling it in, i have been ill with worry, my anxiety and depression have come back to the extent i feel i cant cope anymore, filling the form in has brought back everything i just want to forget, i feel dreadfull, once you get your head around everything have a good read of the guides on here as they are very useful, best of luck and stay strong
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by bro58. Reason: TTD

Moderators: bro58GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.