× Members

pension credit/incapacity benefit

• candypops
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #80862 by candypops
pension credit/incapacity benefit was created by candypops
my husband has just been contacted by pension credit to inform him he is eligible for pc which he is now in the process of claiming. today 31st he has been contacted by the dwp and informed he needs to start the process of being migrated from ib to esa my question is I believe it is possible to stop his claim for esa and just claim pension credit instead therefore not having to put himself through the stress I understand he will lose 4 yrs national insurance contributions is there anything else that may be detremental to him doing this. he is in receipt of dla hrm/mrc thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 3 months ago #80879 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:pension credit/incapacity benefit
candypops wrote:

my husband has just been contacted by pension credit to inform him he is eligible for pc which he is now in the process of claiming. today 31st he has been contacted by the dwp and informed he needs to start the process of being migrated from ib to esa my question is I believe it is possible to stop his claim for esa and just claim pension credit instead therefore not having to put himself through the stress I understand he will lose 4 yrs national insurance contributions is there anything else that may be detremental to him doing this. he is in receipt of dla hrm/mrc thanks

Hi CP,

We don't really advise on Pension Credit, however, we have had a number of members facing the same scenario.

Some voiced concerns about how they may be worse off.

Due to this possiblity, it would be advisable to gain face to face advice, see potential sources :

Where to get advice?

If you have any questions regarding the ESA migration process, you can repost here, however it may help if you read the relevant links in our FAQ's, i.e. ESA Section, and IB/IS/SDA Transfer. See Here :

FAQ’s

You can access our ESA Claims Guides from here :

ESA Guides

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.