× Members

CAN ANYONE HELP

More
12 years 3 months ago #80954 by tinytim
CAN ANYONE HELP was created by tinytim
Hi with changes from ib to esa and the new pip, i have heard there are problems for people with manual wheelchairs but what about powerchairs and scooters is there any news how they count? :unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #80958 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:CAN ANYONE HELP
tinytim wrote:

Hi with changes from ib to esa and the new pip, i have heard there are problems for people with manual wheelchairs but what about powerchairs and scooters is there any news how they count? :unsure:

If you follow the "points system" link in the following post you will find the current proposed PIP descriptors explained.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?func=view&catid=10&id=79928

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 3 months ago #80959 by bigcat
Replied by bigcat on topic Re:CAN ANYONE HELP
Hi,I understand power wheelchairs and powered scooters are not to be taken into account can anyone else confirm please?

More
12 years 3 months ago #80961 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:CAN ANYONE HELP
bigcat wrote:

Hi,I understand power wheelchairs and powered scooters are not to be taken into account can anyone else confirm please?

Please see my previous answer.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 3 months ago #80965 by tinytim
Replied by tinytim on topic Re:CAN ANYONE HELP
many thanks gordon i think everyone is getting paranoid

More
12 years 3 months ago #80971 by penthesili
Replied by penthesili on topic Re:CAN ANYONE HELP
tinytim, if you have to have someone else to push you in your wheelchair after a few metres because you can't 'self-propel' seems to be significant. I can't manage more than 15-20 feet under my own steam and my carer pushes me whenever she takes me out, including attaching one of those specially adapted trollies to the front of the wheelchair when we go round the supermarket.... thinking of getting 'bull bars' attached complete with electric cattle prod.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.