× Members

dla and esa

More
12 years 3 months ago #81009 by Susan
dla and esa was created by Susan
has any one been awarded DLA while waiting for their ESA Appeal to come through.?
I Have just been awarded DLA lower care and mobility after being refused i was going to appeal , and they just sent me a letter saying i had been awarded DLA , will this help with my ESA appeal which is at the end of this month
Many thanks
Sue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #81031 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:dla and esa
Susan

There is only limited overlap between the two benefits, primarily mobility and continence, but there may still be some value.

Ask the DLA Unit for a Statement of Reasons for the new Decision this will allow you to understand, for what and why they gave it to you, you can then feed this back into the Tribunal Service as evidence.

Obviously the DLA post dates the ESA Decision you are appealing, if it is by a significant period then the panel may not take into account, as they will argue they can only look at evidence that was relevant to the date the ESA Decision was made.

Good luck

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.