× Members

letter from DWP

• jamesy
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #81011 by jamesy
letter from DWP was created by jamesy
yesterday i received a letter from the DWP telling me about the new benefit rates from april 2012 it also outlined how my esa benefit is made up, is this a standard letter that everyone on benefits will receive?, the letter also outlines other points about notifying them of any change of circumstances that may affect my benefit has anyone else receive a similar letter recently (im in Scotland)the lettter was sent from the benefits office who deal with my claim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 3 months ago #81014 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:letter from DWP
jamesy wrote:

yesterday i received a letter from the DWP telling me about the new benefit rates from april 2012 it also outlined how my esa benefit is made up, is this a standard letter that everyone on benefits will receive?, the letter also outlines other points about notifying them of any change of circumstances that may affect my benefit has anyone else receive a similar letter recently (im in Scotland)the lettter was sent from the benefits office who deal with my claim

Hi J,

Yes, it is a standard letter, informing climants of the annual increase to benefits, that come in to force in April.

bro58

• jamesy
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #81015 by jamesy
Replied by jamesy on topic Re:letter from DWP
thanks bro, so these letters are being sent to everyone receiving benefits even though the changes in benefit rates are still 2 months away, on another subject if thats ok do i need to notify them if there has been a change(increase) on the medication i am on for my illness?

• stephano
12 years 3 months ago #81017 by stephano
Replied by stephano on topic Re:letter from DWP
hello,
what are the increases? for esa?

• gdcornwall
12 years 3 months ago #81022 by gdcornwall
Replied by gdcornwall on topic Re:letter from DWP
I had the same letter yesterday informing me of Changes In Social Security Benefits.

My letter went on to state that from 9th April 2012 the rates are going to change.

As from 28th November 2012 my ESA will be £136.24 a week.

The 'attached sheet' (those of you in the same position as me will know what the attached sheet is) giving me a breakdown of my entitlement didn't mention the £136.24/28th November 2012.....
but gave me the breakdown of entitlement as from 11th April 2012 to 27th November 2012 which amounts to £126.24.. (previously unmentioned in the main letter).

So, I/one would assume that I'll receive £126.34 up until 27th November 2012, and from 28th November 2012, I'll receive £136.34 a week.

Not quite..........anyone hazard a guess as to why?

I checked a few things via telephoning the Benefit Centre, and as a result, yet another recorded delivery goes to a Government department.

• bro58
12 years 3 months ago #81024 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:letter from DWP
jamesy wrote:

thanks bro, so these letters are being sent to everyone receiving benefits even though the changes in benefit rates are still 2 months away, on another subject if thats ok do i need to notify them if there has been a change(increase) on the medication i am on for my illness?

Yes J,

Standard letters.

You should inform them if the change in medication somehow alters the level of your limitations that gave you the award of ESA.

A change in medication alone, should not be classed as a "change in circumstances"

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.