× Members

What counts as 'good cause' to miss a medical?

More
12 years 2 months ago #81605 by MammaT
Yes I see that in some situations the paperwork wouldn't get done. But I didn't get a form and here's been no mention by DWP of a ESA50 form at all. All of my post is handled by others to avoid these kinds of mishaps as sometimes the meds are overpowering.

I'll just have to wait and see what they say. And yes it is mental health for me. To be honest my claim's been oddly treated from the beginning - I waited over a year to be referred for a medical at the start. Nothing surprises me but I could do without it (as could we all).

Thank you again and I'll let you know what happens.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #81608 by Augustus
Hi MammaT

Please formally complain to ATOS Customer Services in Leeds. Phone them and request the correct address and get them to send a complaints booklet to you.
On a previous thread I mentioned that they conducted my medical w/out assessor seeing my ESA50.
They soon took notice after I appealed!
Don't bother recounting issues over 'phone; just put it down in writing!
You could check thew WCA guidelines [big 180 page booklet on this website] to see if they specify rules about receipt/otherwise of ESA50.
In my case the ESA50 was delivered to ATOS on 26 Oct, deadline was 27th, they recorded it received on 28th, ATOS file to DWP, BUT, DWP has not since suspended my benefit!
Remember: ATOS/DWP have always to follow due process, and in your case, with a clear conscience, you have nothing to fear, even if they stop your benefit until matter is cleared up.
A

More
12 years 1 month ago #81671 by MammaT
Well, a little update. I received the letter telling me my benefit had stopped on Monday and today my money went into the bank as normal.

I've been so stressed the last few days with hardly any sleep worrying about what I would do without money and it appears to have been a storm in a teacup.

I wish they would realise what these things do to people.

Anyone care to place any bets on what the next DWP letter to me will say???

More
12 years 1 month ago #81698 by SusanH
Mamma T. I’m no expert, but, I believe ESA is paid retrospectively. So the payment you received yesterday, was for the previous two weeks. If they have stopped your ESA from Monday, it will be in two weeks time after which you will receive no money.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #81951 by MammaT
Hello Susan, thanks for your reply. I did think exactly the same as you but, although they didn't give me a stopping date, the letter said it had been suspended so that must have been at least the Friday before.

That would leave at least 5 days of stopped benefit in the payment period and they paid in the same amount as usual.

I've still not heard anything and am leaving it until Friday when I will have someone with me who can phone them again.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #82335 by MammaT
Well, we phoned the DWP and couldn't get a straight answer about anything - nobody seemed to know what was happening and they were blaming ATOS for the forms not getting to me and seemed unsure that a medical had been booked!!

This week I received the standard letter showing ESA rates from April with no mention of anything else and today the correct amount of ESA has been paid into my account!!

Meanwhile, my doctor has added meds temporarily to the ones I already take to get me through the stress and I am having my blood pressure checked weekly by a nurse as it's gone through the roof and I may need medication for that too.

I'm expecting another ESA50 form any minute and still don't have anything in writing to say that they've accepted my reasons for missing a medical.

At least I can pay my bills...
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.