× Members

DLA Medical visit in the home

• evey23
  • Topic Author
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #81747 by evey23
DLA Medical visit in the home was created by evey23
I was told I had randomly been selected to fill out the dla form to ensure I was getting the correct benefit. I am now going to been visited at home by the medical doctor. My condition has worsened since my last medical over 10 years ago and I enclosed all up to date letters from consultants stating that I have SEVERE osteo arthritis of the knees. I already get the higher rate mobility so I enquired as to why I was getting a home visit. I was told that as I was randomly selected it was usual to be given a medical.???? Surely if my condition is slightly worse then I should still get HRM. I hope I dont have to go through the ordeal of yet another appeal as I am waiting to see if the decision has been changed for putting me in the WRAG instead of the Support group. I'm beginning to think that if you can hold a pen then this government says you are fit and able.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #81749 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re: DLA Medical visit in the home
Hi, it sounds to me as if you have been selected for review under the 'Right payments' scheme. this is simply a random check to make sure you are still getting the correct benefit - which it sounds as if you are. I know that this kind of thing is always worrying, but it doesn't mean that they are going to try and take your award off you (from what I have heard).

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 2 months ago #81750 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:DLA Medical visit in the home
evey

It sounds like you have been contacted under the Right Payments Programme, see the following FAQ

The Right Payment Programme

You also might want to have a look at this FAQ as well.

DLA medical examination

Good luck

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
12 years 2 months ago #81755 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic Re:DLA Medical visit in the home
evey23 wrote:

I was told I had randomly been selected to fill out the dla form to ensure I was getting the correct benefit. I am now going to been visited at home by the medical doctor. My condition has worsened since my last medical over 10 years ago and I enclosed all up to date letters from consultants stating that I have SEVERE osteo arthritis of the knees. I already get the higher rate mobility so I enquired as to why I was getting a home visit. I was told that as I was randomly selected it was usual to be given a medical.???? Surely if my condition is slightly worse then I should still get HRM. I hope I dont have to go through the ordeal of yet another appeal as I am waiting to see if the decision has been changed for putting me in the WRAG instead of the Support group. I'm beginning to think that if you can hold a pen then this government says you are fit and able.

Hi,

As Mrs HB has replied, it appears you have been randomly selected for the Right Payment Programme, More here

Also most DLA medicals are carried out in the claimants home.

If your current mobility and/or car needs haven't changed your DLA should remain the same. If you feel your condition has worsened, then you should make a new claim using our DLA guides in the members only area DLA Resources

Good luck.

Jim

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• evey23
  • Topic Author
12 years 2 months ago #81757 by evey23
Replied by evey23 on topic Re:DLA Medical visit in the home
What would be the point of notifying DLA if my condition has worsened as I am receiving the higher rate already.?

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
12 years 2 months ago #81760 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic Re:DLA Medical visit in the home
Hi,

If you're already on HRM & HRC, there would be no point in telling the DWP.

It appears from your post that you already receive HRM, but you don't mention any care needs or whether or not you receive any DLA care component.

Hence, my previous post.

Best wishes.

Jim

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.