× Members

waiting weeks for results of medical

More
12 years 1 month ago #81888 by debsy
Hi, I had my medical on 5th January, after being sent home from origional medical examination in December due to system going down. It was then rearranged to 5th January. It has now been 7wks and i have still not heard a thing from DWP. Is this normal, is their a backlog etc? Dont really want to phone them up as I dont think I could take it if they gave me bad news as they have put me through so much and dont feel brave enough to seek out an answer that may cause me more stress, i would be happy to know thier is a delay or backlog and this is not unusual. Just a bit worried what they are doing in taking so long etc. Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #81891 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:waiting weeks for results of medical

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 1 month ago #81895 by debsy
Replied by debsy on topic Re:waiting weeks for results of medical
i have looked at these threads and searched othr questions and answers but unfortunately i cant find anything related to people waiting on results to see if they have sucessfully passed medical or how long they have waited for an answer to see ifthey have passed medical, its more to do with waiting times on forms. do you know if 7wks is norm or could they have forgotten to tell me, would appreciate a little feedback as i am getting a bit anxious and cant bring myself to phone up as my dad is critical in hosp and couldnt bring myself to encourage possible potential bad news. Thank you

More
12 years 1 month ago #81897 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:waiting weeks for results of medical
debsy wrote:

i have looked at these threads and searched othr questions and answers but unfortunately i cant find anything related to people waiting on results to see if they have sucessfully passed medical or how long they have waited for an answer to see ifthey have passed medical, its more to do with waiting times on forms. do you know if 7wks is norm or could they have forgotten to tell me, would appreciate a little feedback as i am getting a bit anxious and cant bring myself to phone up as my dad is critical in hosp and couldnt bring myself to encourage possible potential bad news. Thank you

Whilst I fully understand the worry of waiting for a result, you are asking a question that really has no answer :)

Most Benefit Centres appear to be overloaded and this is definitely extending the time claimants are waiting to hear a result.

The minimum period I have heard of is one week, I'll stress this is very very rare, the longest I have heard of is five months and they are still waiting, the average is probably now about seven weeks and getting longer.

That's the best we can tell you, unless you are prepared to phone the DWP for an update.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 1 month ago #81898 by debsy
thank you, this has helped put my mind at ease, my mind is working overtime and due to the stress and anxiety i have experienced from the start of the process. Also at the end of the medical the examiner said i would hear in a couple of weeks and ive taken him at his word and therefore started to worry and read more in to it, id started to invisage a KGB style covert opperation to bring me down ha ha

More
12 years 1 month ago #82748 by debsy
Hi, I have just received the dreaded brown envelope after weeks of stressing and waiting on medical result. I am very confused though, not sure what im in, hope you can help. The letter says I am entitled to contribution based employment and support allowance. I think iam am in the wrag group but not sure. it doesnt give time limits etc and the money is worked out on living expenses of £67.50 then it says in black bold letters, limited capacity for work addition of £26.75 total £94.25, then it says however because i am entitled to CB ESA i get extra £116.15, makingit exactly the same as i was on when on IB. it says that CB ESA is taxable. does this mean i can do limited work? it also says i might also be required t attend a work focused health related assessment with a health pro to see how my disability is stopping me working. Am I in the wrag group and is it limited work? I do not have to go on income support and get a full time job does it :(

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.