× Members

DLA indefinate awards

More
12 years 2 months ago #82203 by sally-jane
DLA indefinate awards was created by sally-jane
Hi,
I started receiving DLA IN 1999.Then I received both the lower rate in care & mobility.Over the years it has progressed to both the higher rate in both care & mobility.Finally awarded it as an indefinate award for both in 2008 after going to the DLA assessors -medicals every 3 years until they visited me in 2007.
Discussed the PIPs with them in 2007 & was told nothing to do with people such as myself & not to worry.
How wrong that advice seems to have been.

Question I.
What does Indefinate mean.
Question 2 .
Will PIPs be a relevant factor for me from April onwards.
Question 3.
Why do I have to go through further assesssors/medicals, if they have already done them over the years since 1999.

There must be others out there that are in very similiar situations.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #82213 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:DLA indefinate awards
pusscatsmum

1. Indefinite means that there is no planned re-assessment of your DLA claim although you may be re-assessed under the Right Payments Programme, see

The Right Payment Programme

2. PIP will not be implemented before April 2013 and it is unlikely that anybody with an indefinite award will be re-assessed before 2014.

3. Can't comment, except to say that regular assessment for all benefits is part of the Governments vision of how they should be managed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
12 years 2 months ago #82217 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic Re:DLA indefinate awards
Hi P,

Question 1 : see Indefinite awards

Question 2 : Current recipients of DLA will be reassessed from 2013 to 2016 , if their care and/or mobility needs haven't changed since claiming DLA, they should be awarded PIP.

Question 3 : This is because the law will change so all claimants currently in receipt of DLA will be reassessed before they are transferred to PIP.

Those that will be reassessed are in the 16-24 years old group.

Currently, there are no plans for those under 16 and over 65 to be transferred to PIP, they will remain on DLA as long as their care and/or mobility needs haven't improved.

Hope this helps.

Jim

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 2 months ago #82222 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic Re:DLA indefinate awards
Hi I am female, aged 55 in April this year.
Also caught in pension changes from aged 60 to 66 before I can retire.
So does above re assesment age 16-24 age,as I am under pensionable age written above affect me.DLA/PIP

More
12 years 2 months ago #82234 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:DLA indefinate awards
pusscatsmum wrote:

Hi I am female, aged 55 in April this year.
Also caught in pension changes from aged 60 to 66 before I can retire.
So does above re assesment age 16-24 age,as I am under pensionable age written above affect me.DLA/PIP

I think Jim meant to say 16-65 :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
12 years 2 months ago #82236 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic Re:DLA indefinate awards
Sorry, Gordon, I meant to say 16-64 as is detailed in www.dwp.gov.uk/pip

Between 2013 and 2016 everyone aged 16 to 64 receiving DLA will be reassessed to see whether they are entitled to the new Personal Independence Payment.

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.