× Members

Will i still receive CB ESA ?

• emma72
  • Topic Author
12 years 2 months ago #82495 by emma72
Will i still receive CB ESA ? was created by emma72
Hi All,
Sorry to ask this again but im still confused :huh:
It's 5 weeks today since i sent a letter of reconsideration to DWP.
My health has deteriorated since my tribunal, and im in WRAG at the moment, hopefully support group if they ever come to a decision :(
Just really want to know if i will receive any payment of any kind, if my CB ESA runs out before they send me an answer ?
I know it will stop in April, now it looks like the Bill has gone through.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #82538 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:Will i still receive CB ESA ?
Unless you can qualify for income-based ESA, your contribution-based ESA will terminate after 12 months in the WRAG.

If however you receive a successful reconsideration on your request to be placed in the support group, you will receive backdated arrears of benefit which represents the difference in rate between the WRAG and support group, and payment of ESA will continue until such time as your entitlement next comes up for review.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 2 months ago #82548 by Jellybean
Replied by Jellybean on topic Re:Will i still receive CB ESA ?
Hi
I along with a lot of other will loose my ESA in April my question is I got intouch with the DWP in December to let them know that my condition had be come alot worse and I felt that I should be considered for the support group they said as my review was due they would send me out a new ESA50 which they did in Jan of this year I filled it out sent in loads of new information Docters info ect my question now is with the new ruling will they disregared everything I have sent in or will they be bound by law as they recived my info on the 12th of feb to look at my claim again I know they will not pay me but will I still be able to appeal if they do not look at my claim again

Tanking you jellybean

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #82553 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:Will i still receive CB ESA ?
As you informed the DWP in December that there was a deterioration in your medical condition, that will be the effective date of supersession of the existing award.

As your case was due for normal review, the completed ESA50 in addition to all the accompanying (medical) evidence may mean that you will be placed in the support group? If this is the case, consideration should be given to decide whether you meet the conditions of entitlement for allocation to the SG, from the effective date of supersession.

If not, you may either have to appeal a decision not awarding you SG status from the earliest possible date of entitlement, or alternatively, you may be required to appeal an adverse decision in its entirety depending on the eventual outcome of the supersession request and the WCA?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by Crazydiamond. Reason: Additional info.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.