× Members

Will Qualifying descriptor help WRAG to Support

More
12 years 1 month ago #82558 by sally-jane
One of the GP’s has finally agreed to use the following descriptors in a reporto help with my ESA appeal to be placed into the Support group rather than the WRAG group.

1. Mobilising unaided by another person with or without a walking stick,
Manual wheelchair or other aid if such aid can reasonably be used.
Cannot either
(i) mobilise more than 50 metres on level ground without stopping in order to avoid
significant discomfort or exhaustion
or
(ii) repeatedly mobilise 50 metres within a reasonable timescale because of
significant discomfort or exhaustion.

2. Transferring from one seated position to another.
Cannot move between one seated position and another seated position located next
to one another without receiving physical assistance from another person.

Another GP at the surgery did do a letter but it was full of negatives & said he was not able to corroborate my information due to lack of information in the records. Hopefully the one who will put the descriptor element in a letter will refrain from putting too much negatives.

What does anyone think out there, do you think with the descriptor element included in my pack of information, will help them to put me in the support group. Both GPs do not believe I will ever able to be fit to work. How should they word that.
This is all so stressful, especially where getting correct helpful up to date medical assistance is so hard. My medical information is all pre 2000 and even my current GP’s not happy to use anything that they have managed to link from pre this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #82559 by bro58
pusscatsmum wrote:

One of the GP’s has finally agreed to use the following descriptors in a reporto help with my ESA appeal to be placed into the Support group rather than the WRAG group.

1. Mobilising unaided by another person with or without a walking stick,
Manual wheelchair or other aid if such aid can reasonably be used.
Cannot either
(i) mobilise more than 50 metres on level ground without stopping in order to avoid
significant discomfort or exhaustion
or
(ii) repeatedly mobilise 50 metres within a reasonable timescale because of
significant discomfort or exhaustion.

2. Transferring from one seated position to another.
Cannot move between one seated position and another seated position located next
to one another without receiving physical assistance from another person.

Another GP at the surgery did do a letter but it was full of negatives & said he was not able to corroborate my information due to lack of information in the records. Hopefully the one who will put the descriptor element in a letter will refrain from putting too much negatives.

What does anyone think out there, do you think with the descriptor element included in my pack of information, will help them to put me in the support group. Both GPs do not believe I will ever able to be fit to work. How should they word that.
This is all so stressful, especially where getting correct helpful up to date medical assistance is so hard. My medical information is all pre 2000 and even my current GP’s not happy to use anything that they have managed to link from pre this.

Hi PCM,

The fact that your G.P. has agreed to write you a report stating that he/she feels that you meet the criteria of the SG descriptors mentioned in your post, can only help with your appeal.

It would also be helpful if it was stated how your limitations as a result of your medical conditions cause you to fulfill said SG descriptors.

Of course, to gain SG status, the DM has to agree with the facts in the G.P. report, in that, on the balance of probabilities, the limitations caused by your conditions do in fact mean that you qualify for SG status, as recommended by your G.P.

As I have said though the gaining of such a report can only be a positive.

May I suggest that you check over it with your G.P., before you post it to the DWP,(and Tribunal Service, if reconsideration has already taken place) that way you can make sure that there are no negative aspects to it.

I can't really comment on the wording that should be used regarding your future inability to work, don't forget though that entry to the SG also covers inability to take part in Work Related Activity, (LCWRA) WFI,s, interviews and courses etc, as well as "work".

Hope this helps. :)

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by bro58. Reason: Extra info re TS

More
12 years 1 month ago #82562 by sally-jane
Many thanks for the reply. I shall ensure I read the letter b4 sending it anywhere and get it rejigged if neccessary until it is the best I can make them do!!!!.The other GP letter was awful to say the least.
This GP now kindly said she would prefer it to be correctly writtrn the first time it was to be sent to ESA as she understood the problems that would ensue. Lets hope she takes little notice of the other one when she is writing it.

• bro58
12 years 1 month ago #82563 by bro58
pusscatsmum wrote:

Many thanks for the reply. I shall ensure I read the letter b4 sending it anywhere and get it rejigged if neccessary until it is the best I can make them do!!!!.The other GP letter was awful to say the least.
This GP now kindly said she would prefer it to be correctly writtrn the first time it was to be sent to ESA as she understood the problems that would ensue. Lets hope she takes little notice of the other one when she is writing it.

Good luck PCM. :)

Please keep us informed of how this developes.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.