× Members

Ongoing angst with Tribunal results

• Roseleen
  • Topic Author
12 years 1 month ago #82591 by Roseleen
Ongoing angst with Tribunal results was created by Roseleen
Some of you might remember that I had to go through the most humiliating and aggressive DLA tribunal experience last year. Well it's still rumbling on and I need to find a way to find a way of moving forward with the outcome.

I had the tribunal on the 15th October 2011. I had to chase Sutton several times for the result and I finally received the result on October 28th. The following day October 29th I wrote to the tribunal asking for a statement of reasons for refusal and heard nothing so I asked you kind peeps in January or early February on how to proceed, which was to ring Sutton. The answer I got was that they would look into it.

I rang them again today and was told that the tribunal judge had been asked to supply reasons and that a reminder was sent to him saying that the results were needed by 11th February. Still no results have been sent to Sutton!

Sutton have said that they are going to pass a query onto the main office to find out why and that I shoul ring back at the end of next week, but that will be nigh on 6 months since the original tribunal.

What happens if the results aren't sent to Sutton or have been lost? How can I escalate this? What can I expect? Can I/should I query the competency of the Tribunal judge?

Any help would be appreciated...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 1 month ago #82596 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Ongoing angst with Tribunal results
Roseleen wrote:

Some of you might remember that I had to go through the most humiliating and aggressive DLA tribunal experience last year. Well it's still rumbling on and I need to find a way to find a way of moving forward with the outcome.

I had the tribunal on the 15th October 2011. I had to chase Sutton several times for the result and I finally received the result on October 28th. The following day October 29th I wrote to the tribunal asking for a statement of reasons for refusal and heard nothing so I asked you kind peeps in January or early February on how to proceed, which was to ring Sutton. The answer I got was that they would look into it.

I rang them again today and was told that the tribunal judge had been asked to supply reasons and that a reminder was sent to him saying that the results were needed by 11th February. Still no results have been sent to Sutton!

Sutton have said that they are going to pass a query onto the main office to find out why and that I shoul ring back at the end of next week, but that will be nigh on 6 months since the original tribunal.

What happens if the results aren't sent to Sutton or have been lost? How can I escalate this? What can I expect? Can I/should I query the competency of the Tribunal judge?

Any help would be appreciated...

Hi R,

Sorry to hear of your ongoing problems, you may wish to make an official complaint to the Tribunals Service, see :

Complaining to the Tribunal Service

bro58

• Roseleen
  • Topic Author
12 years 1 month ago #82600 by Roseleen
Replied by Roseleen on topic Re:Ongoing angst with Tribunal results
Thanks for that. If the results are not forthcoming can I demand a further tribunal?

• Roseleen
  • Topic Author
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #86353 by Roseleen
Replied by Roseleen on topic Re:Ongoing angst with Tribunal results
Just a quick update on the saga......

spoke to the DWP again today... The Tribunal judge and regional judge have STILL not presented the SOR to Sutton, who are being very helpful. I have decided to appeal to the upper tribunal on an "error of Law" in that the Tribunal have failed to give adequate reasons for their decision.

Poor lady was a bit flummoxed as she had no idea of how I should go about that but she gave me a number of the upper tier to call. I spoke to a lady there who has asked me to email her with full details so that she can pass it on for a decision on permission to appeal, but generally they won't give permission unless I have an SOR to appeal against!

This is getting rather interesting now... I am in the mood to fight this right up to the European courts if necessary
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.