× Members

enough points for the support group

• karene50
  • Topic Author
12 years 2 months ago #82628 by karene50
enough points for the support group was created by karene50
In feb 2010 i was awarded 42 points in my medical, filled in esa50 in jan and was again awarded 42 points with out a medical, they went off my medical from the year before. i have appealed to go in the support group as i got 15 points for bowel incontinence, this has actually got worse since last year now sometimes twice a week, do you think this will get me in the support group?
i have not heard anything from them so i phoned last week and they said they are waiting for my file from storage. i have made an appointment with my doctor to update him on my condition(s) in case they write to him as i cant see them just taking my word for it.
and now to top it all have had a phone call of them this morning saying my benefit ESA c/b will stop on 30th april.
well looks like the bills wont be paid, all i can look forward to is no food and nowhere to live. karen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #82636 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:enough points for the support group
You can have considerably more than 15 points and still not meet the support group criteria. However, in most cases, scoring 15 points for any single descriptor will qualify you for the support group.

You can find out more here

Qualifying for support group

As an aside, if you have no income other than ESA and you are single (or your partner earns less than aprox £150 per week) with less than £16,000 savings, you should be able to get income related ESA once your contributary benefit has stopped.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.