× Members

Ib to ESA query

• julie
  • Topic Author
12 years 1 month ago #82630 by julie
Ib to ESA query was created by julie
I had the phone call after waiting 4 months since my esa medical, to inform me that i had scored 6 points and therefore was fit for work. I am ofcourse appealing once i get the letter, but i am not clear on something.. ok, i know if you send in a sick note that you get paid the assesment rate till the appeal is heard, but what i am not clear on is as i am on contributions based,if the appeal is allowed, how much longer would i get full esa for? is the clock ticking from when i had the medical or from the date of the letter to reject my claim , or from the date of the appeal.
thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 1 month ago #82638 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Ib to ESA query
julie wrote:

I had the phone call after waiting 4 months since my esa medical, to inform me that i had scored 6 points and therefore was fit for work. I am ofcourse appealing once i get the letter, but i am not clear on something.. ok, i know if you send in a sick note that you get paid the assesment rate till the appeal is heard, but what i am not clear on is as i am on contributions based,if the appeal is allowed, how much longer would i get full esa for? is the clock ticking from when i had the medical or from the date of the letter to reject my claim , or from the date of the appeal.
thanks

Hi J,

When you receive your letter stating that you failed the ESA WCA, and are "fit for work", this will include a date of when the decision is effective.

This will be the date in question.

You will have 1 month from the Date of this letter to appeal.

If you are successfully awarded ESA on reconsideration or appeal, this decision will be backdated to the effective date of the adverse decision.

From your post it is not clear if you have previously been in receipt of Contributary ESA WRAG, before this adverse "fit for work" decision.

If you have, any time spent in the WRAG, in receipt of CBESA will count towards your 365 day entitlement.

Hope this explains it.

bro58

• julie
  • Topic Author
12 years 1 month ago #82645 by julie
Replied by julie on topic Re:Ib to ESA query
thank you so much for your reply. I am on IB and being migrated to ESA. I had a feeling that what you have said was the case. So basically the clock is ticking from about now for a year and if i have to wait several months for an appeal as is likely, that even if the appeal is allowed, then my claim will end anyway come march 2013.. wonderful.
thanks again for your help
Julie

• julie
  • Topic Author
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #82944 by julie
Replied by julie on topic Re:Ib to ESA query
just had the paperwork through and they had lost my original forms for esa and even said so on the report, so how can they give a fair decision? not very impressive at all.I know they recived the forms as i sent them recorded delivery.
Julie
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

• witch1e
12 years 1 month ago #82948 by witch1e
Replied by witch1e on topic Re:Ib to ESA query
My son has been sending in fit notes since November last year and since then has had no money as DHSS have kept saying thet haven't received his fit notes. On Wednesday last week he again rang to be told they hadn't received his fit note. On Thursday he received a letter from DHSS saying that his sick note dated 19th Oct - 14th March was about to run out They seem to have the "we haven't received it " excuse of to a fine tee now

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.