× Members

support group and work programme

More
12 years 1 month ago #82652 by sealion
support group and work programme was created by sealion
hi everyone. my son was in the WRAG group but in nov 2011 he was transferred into the support group FOR 12MTHS after filling in another ESA50.
My question is that the advisers at the work programme keep calling him every 14 days to see if there has been any change to his health conditions even though they know he is waiting for further surgeries and keeps asking if he wishes to take part in the programme.
i was just wondering if they are allowed to keep contacting him every 14 days even though he is in the support group as this seems abit like harassment on their part.
ive looked on the site but cant find anything on the work programme contacting people in the support group.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pete17971
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #82656 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:support group and work programme
sealion wrote:

hi everyone. my son was in the WRAG group but in nov 2011 he was transferred into the support group FOR 12MTHS after filling in another ESA50.
My question is that the advisers at the work programme keep calling him every 14 days to see if there has been any change to his health conditions even though they know he is waiting for further surgeries and keeps asking if he wishes to take part in the programme.
i was just wondering if they are allowed to keep contacting him every 14 days even though he is in the support group as this seems abit like harassment on their part.
ive looked on the site but cant find anything on the work programme contacting people in the support group.

Hi,

If one is placed in the ESA Support Group then any Work Related Activity is purely voluntary. If he doesn't wish to volunteer then he does not have to.

He would need to make sure the JC+ (or its Work Programme Contractor) are aware he is now in the Support Group.

Pete
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by pete17971. Reason: spelling

More
12 years 1 month ago #82657 by lochlisa
Replied by lochlisa on topic Re: support group and work programme
That does not sound right to me !

I am sure the guys will be along shortly with some advice but, to me, that is pure harassment.

Lisa

More
12 years 1 month ago #82658 by DRAGON2009
Replied by DRAGON2009 on topic Re:support group and work programme
The support group status can always end up reviewed if someone engages in work programme or voluntary work etc etc
Always think carefully before engaging in these activities and take advice

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.