× Members

ESA ending in April

• smithy220
  • Topic Author
12 years 1 month ago #82808 by smithy220
Replied by smithy220 on topic Re:ESA ending in April
Hi guys,
Just thought i'd give an update. So received a phone call 2 days ago stating that my CB ESA was due to end 30/4 like a lot of people on here, at that time i still hadn't heard regarding my ESA50 that i sent back in November.
Anyway, would you believe it, yesterday, through the post as an appt from ATOS for 2 weeks time for a medical. I have spent all day today trying to get through to the job centre to ask these questions but maybe someone on here can

If,by the time the end of April comes around, I still haven't heard the outcome of my medical, will my benefit still stop?
Can i re-apply if I'm still awaiting a result?

It's just the thought of not getting any money when my own doctor is stressing that i am unfit for work but there is nothing she can do.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #82815 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:ESA ending in April
From what you have said in your posts the short answer to your question is "yes", your payments of ESA will stop if you haven't heard anything by the end of April.

As an outcome decision has not been reached on your current WCA which is still in progress, you cannot technically reapply at this point in time, but if your medical condition has deteriorated or you have a new medical condition, it is imperative that you notify the DWP and Atos immediately as it could very well impact on the result of your ongoing WCA.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 1 month ago #82859 by hassled mum
Replied by hassled mum on topic Re:ESA ending in April
I am in the same position as the op, renewal november for esa(C) i understand about the 365 rule and the April deadline etc but I have a couple of questions if I may.
when I renewed I feel that I fulfilled the elements required for the support group I had discussed this with my personal advisor at JC+ who agreed and said she would be very suprised if I was not put into the support group. I did not "request" support group when i submitted my ESA50 as I assumed that they will look at all evidence and come to a decision. As I have not heard anything yet now on week 14 (they say I am still in the pile)
if my allowance stops in April will they no longer consider my renewal even if I fit the sg descriptors? no medical booked and no phone call yet to tell me award is ending.
Also if they stop my claim as I have had my 365 days and they feel that I dont fit the SG can I appeal the decision, and fight for SG? I tried to phone today as have had major health deterioration since November and now back to neurologist next week as losing more feeling in my legs amongst otherthings like no longer being able to eat solid food due to neuro problems.
If I cannot appeal to be put into the sg can I reapply for ESAC to be considered for the sg and how quickly can I do this?
many thanks for your wonderful help.
hassled mum.

• bro58
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #82860 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:ESA ending in April
hassled mum wrote:

I am in the same position as the op, renewal november for esa(C) i understand about the 365 rule and the April deadline etc but I have a couple of questions if I may.
when I renewed I feel that I fulfilled the elements required for the support group I had discussed this with my personal advisor at JC+ who agreed and said she would be very suprised if I was not put into the support group. I did not "request" support group when i submitted my ESA50 as I assumed that they will look at all evidence and come to a decision. As I have not heard anything yet now on week 14 (they say I am still in the pile)
if my allowance stops in April will they no longer consider my renewal even if I fit the sg descriptors? no medical booked and no phone call yet to tell me award is ending.
Also if they stop my claim as I have had my 365 days and they feel that I dont fit the SG can I appeal the decision, and fight for SG? I tried to phone today as have had major health deterioration since November and now back to neurologist next week as losing more feeling in my legs amongst otherthings like no longer being able to eat solid food due to neuro problems.
If I cannot appeal to be put into the sg can I reapply for ESAC to be considered for the sg and how quickly can I do this?
many thanks for your wonderful help.
hassled mum.

Hi HM,

I think the answer to your query may have been given by other Mods earlier in this thread.

Have a look at Gareth's post, and this link to a previous thread within his post :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?func=vie...id=10&id=82389#82389

If you are still unsure, please repost here, although I'm not sure whether I can enlighten you any further. :)

Cheers

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by bro58.

• bro58
12 years 1 month ago #82861 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:ESA ending in April
Hi HM,

I should have also stated that if your medical conditions have deteriorated and your resulting limitations have changed or increased since the time that you returned your ESA50 in November, and you feel that these changes help towards gaining entry to the SG, then you should inform ATOS and the DWP in writing, along with any fresh evidence that you may have.

bro58

More
12 years 1 month ago #82863 by hassled mum
Replied by hassled mum on topic Re:ESA ending in April
Thankyou bro, solid advise as ever.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.