× Members

recording esa medical

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #82805 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:recording esa medical
Not if I have anything to do with it!

There is one caveat that would be an important consideration before the recording of a medical assessment, and that is that a claimant is confident of their answers to any questions posed by the ADA, because the DWP also receive a copy of the recording and any slip-ups that could be used to support an ESA adverse decision, may be used against a claimant/appellant by the Department before a tribunal.

It is easier said than done given the stress of the medical assessment, but the recordings could in effect be a double-edged sword.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Crazydiamond.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #82809 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:recording esa medical
Indeed, I will have to make sure that I think carefully before answering any question, it is all too easy to say something that can be misinterpreted!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 1 month ago #82813 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic Re:recording esa medical
Erm, yep forgot that one,and they are bound to tie us up in knots more than the knots we will have in our tummies to start with.

More
12 years 1 month ago #82825 by issie
Replied by issie on topic Re:recording esa medical
thanks guys

an interesting mix of views - yes it could be a double edged sword but a recording will be able to pick up emotion/signs of distress more than a written note can -

I have seen to many written records which state one thing when in fact something completely different applies

still - willing to give it a go

issie

More
12 years 1 month ago #82831 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:recording esa medical
I entirely agree with your sentiments.

Personally, I would have no hesitation whatsoever in asking for the recording of a WCA medical assessment judging from what I have read in this forum about very inaccurate medical reports denying entitlement to ESA, but I think it is only fair to point out the risk, however small, of the need to avoid potential pitfalls which could arise during the course of the assessment, which could be inadvertently caused by nervousness arising from what essentially is an interrogation and will invariably consist of (slightly) differently worded, repetitive questions.

• sunbeam75
12 years 1 month ago #82851 by sunbeam75
Replied by sunbeam75 on topic Re:recording esa medical
Hi,

Had a recorded WCA recently, the HCP said it was her first time she had used the equipment, which was very apparent, nothing like an interview under Police & Criminal Evidence. No introductions, no naming of parties present. Always ask at the start of the recorded interview if the HCP does not give you their surname and ask what their field of clinical experience/qualifications are. Mine was a Nurse Practitioner, She is not, I have checked. Use it as your chance to get over and reiterate on the rcording what you submitted in written form on the initial form, If they then ignore it in the assessment it is good evidence at a tribunal. You are given a copy of the discin the assessment room it never leaves your sight. You sign a form at the end of the interview that states that you will publish or reproduce the transcribed notes from the interview. A recorded interview is a valuable source of evidence for an appeal. Another tip is: if you have any muscluoskeltal problems, wasting, swelling, misalignment etc.. get a member of your family/friend to take a photo of the affected area on the day you are to attend for the WCA and before you set off to travel there, using a digital camera that shows the time and date when taken. If the HCP then makes an assessment decision that you feel is wrong and does not even examine the affected area, which happened in my case, then the photos that you had taken prior to the WCA will, I feel be good evidence for a tribunal.
I found no problem in setting up the recorded interview, rang ATOS and they then rang back to confirm, I then had to cancel due to medical reasons, so rang them and had no trouble in rearranging another date. I am just waiting contact from the ATOS dept that presides over video recordings at the assessment centres to obtain a copy if I have to fight their assessment. Let everybody know how I go on. :angry:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.