× Members

How do I get moved from WRAG to WRAC group?

• fionaf
  • Topic Author
12 years 2 weeks ago #82883 by fionaf
Hi, I 'm gamely making an appeal. I have down load the PDf on appeals and now have :

ESA85A
have sent for the other details
but I didn't have a medical

looking at the criteria for getting into the WRAC group
what strikes me is that I have a rare balance disorder . Whilst I live with chronic disequillibrium, sickness and the attendant imbalance none seem to fit the bill.

Then it occurred to me that I have spins lasting for hours that mean I cannot get up and must lie down where I am . Thus at these times I can not do anything, walk, pick up a carton etc

Moreover my consultant is clear that my neurological condition is made worse by over doing it. Work is over doing it and would impede the little progress I am making.

Any ideas as to how I make this clear to the tribunal?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pete17971
12 years 2 weeks ago #82886 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:How do I get moved from WRAG to WRAC group?
fionaf wrote:

Hi, I 'm gamely making an appeal. I have down load the PDf on appeals and now have :

ESA85A

what strikes me is that I have a rare balance disorder . Whilst I live with chronic disequillibrium, sickness and the attendant imbalance none seem to fit the bill.

Then it occurred to me that I have spins lasting for hours that mean I cannot get up and must lie down where I am . Thus at these times I can not do anything, walk, pick up a carton etc

Moreover my consultant is clear that my neurological condition is made worse by over doing it. Work is over doing it and would impede the little progress I am making.

Hi,

I presume you ARE wishing to get into appeal to get into the ESA Support Group?. There is no WRAC group (unless the Women's Royal Army Corps are forming one).

The Support Group Descriptors are as listed in the ESA guides in the members here, accessible from this page:

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa

There is also a guide to ESA appeals as well.

Pete

• bro58
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #82901 by bro58
fionaf wrote:

ESA85A

Hi ff,

It seems that you may be a little confused here.

You say that you have been placed in the Work Related Acivity Group, (WRAG) without a face to face (Medical)and ask how you can get moved from the "WRAG to WRAC Group" ?

WRAC stands for Work Related Activity Component, this is the extra money (Component) paid on top of the basic rate of ESA, to claimants who have been placed in the WRAG.

I am therefore surmising that you wish to appeal to be placed in the Support Group of ESA.

If this is the case, you must show that you meet at least one of the qualifying Support Group (SG) descriptors, as seen here :

www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2011/228/schedule/2/made?view=plain

See also :

Qualifying for the Support Group

You may also like to review our ESA Claims Guides, for Physical and Mental Health Conditions, whichever is applicable, these are accessible from this link :

ESA Guides

I cannot give specific information on how your medical conditions may qualify you for the SG.

No matter what your actual condition is, the best way to approach this is to take into account how all the symptoms/limitations caused by your conditions effect you, and then see whether they can be tied in to the SG descriptors.

There is also the "Substantial risk" factor that may be present, which may give entry to the SG, under "Exceptional Circumstances".

Check the following out also :

How to submit an appeal

Is there any risk to challenging a decision?

How long do I have to appeal?

Do I have to attend WFIs while I appeal?

You will continue to receive the WRAG rate of ESA whilst your appeal process is ongoing.

The ESA85A that you speak of is the Medical Report filled out by the ATOS HCP, when a face to face is not needed.

It is classed as "Paper Scrutiny" and "A Restricted Medical"

You should also read all the relevant sections in our FAQ's accessible from here :

FAQ’s

Hope this helps.

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by bro58. Reason: Replaced links

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.