× Members

Money stopping.......

• Pusscat
  • Topic Author
12 years 1 month ago #82891 by Pusscat
Money stopping....... was created by Pusscat
I received a call today to tell me that my money would stop at the end of April.

I asked a couple of questions, I do not qualify for any other benefits due to my husband working and earning over the threshold too. I was also told that it makes no difference that I have sent off an ESA50 and I am awaiting a date for another medical assessment, even though there is a backlog. Which is not my fault.

So we are now going to lose a big chunk of our money.

It is a lot to deal with and very frightening.

Does anyone here have any advice they can give me?

Cheers xx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pete17971
12 years 1 month ago #82895 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:Money stopping.......
Pusscat wrote:

I received a call today to tell me that my money would stop at the end of April.

I asked a couple of questions, I do not qualify for any other benefits due to my husband working and earning over the threshold too. I was also told that it makes no difference that I have sent off an ESA50 and I am awaiting a date for another medical assessment, even though there is a backlog. Which is not my fault.

So we are now going to lose a big chunk of our money.

It is a lot to deal with and very frightening.

Does anyone here have any advice they can give me?

Cheers xx

Hi,

Sorry but as the Welfare Reform Bill limiting Contributory WRAG ESA to 1 year has now received Royal Assent benefit will stop after 365 days.

If you are placed into the Support Group on your 'new' application then monies should be back dated but no money will be paid in the interim or if you are placed back into the WRAG.

Pete

More
12 years 1 month ago #82898 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Money stopping.......
Pusscat

Unfortunately there is little that we can suggest.

If your re-assessment results in you being placed in the Support Group then you ESA(CB) payments should be re-instated.

You can re-qualify for ESA(CB), however, to do this you must satisfy the standard two Conditions for entitlement regarding NI Contributions and NI Credits, plus an additional Condition imposed by the Welfare Reform Act. Additionally, this must be a new claim, so you must wait at least 12 weeks before applying, otherwise it will be classed as a continuation of your current claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #82940 by Jellybean
Replied by Jellybean on topic Re:Money stopping.......
Hi Gordon
I am awaiting news from the DWP regarding my renewal on my esa I understand that my payments will stop at the end of April will I still be able to appeal if they do not put me in the support group
Thanking you Jellybean
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

More
12 years 1 month ago #82942 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:Money stopping.......
Hi 'Jellybean',

As I understand it, you will still be able to appeal and will get your money backdated if you get into the support group.

It appears that your real name is showing here. some people prefer to use a psuedonym to maintain a degree of privacy. If you would like to change your username, this shows you how to go about it

My full name is showing

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #82945 by lizzie_wa
Replied by lizzie_wa on topic Re:Money stopping.......
Hi Im in the same position, got the phone call today (plus a letter) my ESA stops 30 April, dont know how we will manage. My husband works 24 hours a week in a shop and even though he has a low wage we cant claim income related ESA or any other benefit (we dont qualify for Tax credits as he needs to work 30 hours a week to get that as our kids are grown up). I have severe Rheumatoid Disease, which cost me my job of 20 years and I havent worked for three years. The deeply flawed Atos medical did not put me in the support group (despite the fact I could barely walk even with my crutches on the day of the medical) and I was put into WRAG three years ago and have remained in that group so I dont think I would get in the Support Group now unless the criteria has been changed.So although I cannot offer any advice (but would welcome some myself) I can certainly sympathise with all the other sick and disabled people who are suffering as a result of this change.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.