× Members

LCWRA

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #82930 by Rachias
LCWRA was created by Rachias
Hi there
Thanks to your brilliant website I am just getting my head around the complicated ESA system, on behalf of my caree.
I am looking at the Limited Capability for Work-related Activity test and I see that a claimant will qualify for the 'Support Component' if any one of the conditions apply.
There are then numbered conditions with (a) (b) (c) etc.
My question is firstly, does the Support Component mean the claimant will be in the Support Group?
My second question is where it says 'any one of the conditions' does this mean any one of the lettered descriptors i.e. (a)or (b) or (c) etc. or all of the lettered descriptors under a numerical heading,or would the claimant have to show he is afflicted by the most severe lettered descriptor?
I hope that my question is understandable and that the answer will be useful to others.
Best wishes, Rachias.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #82934 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Re:LCWRA
Yes, the 'support component' means the support group. I'm afraid I am not clear about the rest of your question, hopefully one of the mods will be along to help you soon.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #82935 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:LCWRA
Rachias wrote:

Hi there
Thanks to your brilliant website I am just getting my head around the complicated ESA system, on behalf of my caree.
I am looking at the Limited Capability for Work-related Activity test and I see that a claimant will qualify for the 'Support Component' if any one of the conditions apply.
There are then numbered conditions with (a) (b) (c) etc.
My question is firstly, does the Support Component mean the claimant will be in the Support Group?
My second question is where it says 'any one of the conditions' does this mean any one of the lettered descriptors i.e. (a)or (b) or (c) etc. or all of the lettered descriptors under a numerical heading,or would the claimant have to show he is afflicted by the most severe lettered descriptor?
I hope that my question is understandable and that the answer will be useful to others.
Best wishes, Rachias.

Hi R,

The Support Group Component of ESA, in the form of extra money, is paid to a claimant who is placed in the Support Group of ESA.

A claimant qualifies for ESA in the SG if they fulfill any ONE of the SG (LCWRA) Descriptors, as seen here :

www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2011/228/schedule/2/made?view=plain

It is indeed any ONE of the lettered subsections also.

Entry can also be gained to the SG, under Exceptional Circumstances, which is explained in the link from here :

Qualifying for the Support Group

See also ESA REG 35, Re entry to the SG :

www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2008/794/regulation/35/made

Hope this helps.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by bro58. Reason: New Links

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #82952 by Rachias
Replied by Rachias on topic Re:LCWRA
Hi there
Thanks so much for you replies. The links are really helpful. Rachias.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by bro58. Reason: Test

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.