× Members

LCWRA

More
12 years 1 month ago #82977 by Rachias
LCWRA was created by Rachias
Hi there (again)

Relating to my last query about the Limited Capability For Work-related Activity Test. Thanks for referring me to page 24 of Understanding ESA.
I am confused regarding the descriptors “Coping with change; Coping with social engagements; Appropriateness of behaviour; Awareness of hazards; Making oneself understood; and one or two others.” On page 24 of B&W guide these are all listed as being descriptors for Limited Capability for Work-Related Assessment, which is what I thought.
Then when I was going through some other resources on the site (I can give you more details if you would like me to) they are listed as descriptors for Limited Capability For Work Test. This makes quite a difference to someone eligible for the Support Group if the descriptors they relying on are in the other LCW group.
I may have misunderstood as to whether all the descriptors are part of all the tests or whether there are different descriptors for different tests. Or perhaps there has been a change in the Regulations. I thought I’d got it sussed but now I’m confused! I hope I’m not being too much trouble but as I said before these points may be useful to others.
I would appreciate it if you could clarify this. Thank you. Rachias.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #82987 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:LCWRA
Rachias wrote:

Hi there (again)

Relating to my last query about the Limited Capability For Work-related Activity Test. Thanks for referring me to page 24 of Understanding ESA.
I am confused regarding the descriptors “Coping with change; Coping with social engagements; Appropriateness of behaviour; Awareness of hazards; Making oneself understood; and one or two others.” On page 24 of B&W guide these are all listed as being descriptors for Limited Capability for Work-Related Assessment, which is what I thought.
Then when I was going through some other resources on the site (I can give you more details if you would like me to) they are listed as descriptors for Limited Capability For Work Test. This makes quite a difference to someone eligible for the Support Group if the descriptors they relying on are in the other LCW group.
I may have misunderstood as to whether all the descriptors are part of all the tests or whether there are different descriptors for different tests. Or perhaps there has been a change in the Regulations. I thought I’d got it sussed but now I’m confused! I hope I’m not being too much trouble but as I said before these points may be useful to others.
I would appreciate it if you could clarify this. Thank you. Rachias.

Hi R,

Can you please post in future on the same thread, as otherwise it can be confusing to view a related question in a standalone mode.

Ref : to previous thread here :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?func=vie...id=10&id=82930#82930

These are the WRAG (LCW) descriptors, here :

www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2011/228/schedule/1/made?view=plain

I posted the SG (LCWRA) descriptors for you in your previous thread.

There are in effect two tests, one to see whether the claimant has LCW, and the other to see whether the claimant also has LCWRA.

If a claimant is found to have LCWRA, and is placed in the SG, then it follows that they must also have LCW, for obvious reasons.

To qualify for WRAG of ESA 15 points or more must be scored in total throughout the ESA Assessment, to be placed in the SG, maximum points must be scored in at least one of the SG descriptors.

There are two guides to claiming ESA, one is :

Employment and Support Allowance claims on physical health grounds: a guide to the work capability assessment. Updated Feb 2012

For claiming on physical health conditions,

&

Employment and Support Allowance claims for Mental Health and Learning Difficulties: a guide to the limited capability for work assessment.
Updated Feb 2012

For claiming on Mental health conditions.

Both are accessible from this link :

ESA Guides

You may also wish to review our ESA section of the FAQ's, here :

ESA FAQ’s

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by bro58. Reason: Added LCW descriptors link

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #82990 by Rachias
Replied by Rachias on topic Re:LCWRA
Thanks very much - sorry about posting wrongly.
Best wishes, Rachias.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

• bro58
12 years 1 month ago #83002 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:LCWRA
Hi R,

I have just noticed that I did not include the link to the WRA LCW descriptors in my response. :silly:

I have now inserted the link.

See my ammended response here :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?func=vie...id=10&id=82977#82987

Cheers

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.