× Members

no aknolegement for appeal

• bates2n
  • Topic Author
12 years 1 month ago #82986 by bates2n
no aknolegement for appeal was created by bates2n
hi just a follow up about me appealing about being placed in the wrag group thinking i should of been placed in the support group -i telephoned dwp today as recommended by the helpers on here as i have not had a acknowlegdement letter off them and its getting past 6 weeks i was told that they have recived my appeal letter and then i was fobbed off really i aksed i thought i would have been sent a letter of acknowlegmemnt within 7 days they apolised and said there extreemly busy right now and will be in touch when they have chance to look in to my appeal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #82996 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:no aknolegement for appeal
bates2n

The DWP should reply in writing, and there is an expectation that they should be doing this within 10 working days, however, the reality is that due to overloading in most Benefit Delivery Centres, this is not happening. One of the other Moderators, in another post, suggested that waiting times of 11-12 weeks was not uncommon.

Once you have confirmed that they have received the appeal request, I am afraid there is little you can do to speed the process.

Good luck

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #83008 by ridgewood
Replied by ridgewood on topic Re:no aknolegement for appeal
Hi bates2n
I sent my appeal to dwp on 17/11/11, and to this day, have never received acknowledgement of it. I was informed by letter, in February that I was now in the support group, because, they stated, I had asked them to look at the decision again. I actually had asked for an oral hearing at appeal tribunal. I can only say that they do not comply with their own standards of service. I had to ring so many times and was given a different answer each time, I would suggest that when you do ring them (try to get a name) they have to supply this information, I used the names in my letter of complaint to the DWP, for which I did receive an acknowledgement
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.