× Members

Are ESA WRAG claimants obliged to sign the WORK PG

• ana
  • Topic Author
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #83065 by ana
Hello everyone

I wrote yesterday as well about my sister being referred to the work programme. Nobody from the Jobcentre explained to her what to expect. She is ill and very down. I would be very grateful if anyone would give a hint of what to expect and what worries her more is that she doesn't know what to do if asked to sign any papers. I thank you in advance.

Mod edit: Please do not post in upper case.
Last edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by Crazydiamond. Reason: Reproduced in lower case.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #83086 by Crazydiamond

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• ana
  • Topic Author
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #83094 by ana
Sorry,I can't find out if they're obliged to sign or not to the Work Program,although they are obliged to attend.If anybody has been subject to this would be great to hear.Thanks.
Last edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by Gordon.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #83103 by Gordon
ana wrote:

Sorry,I can't find out if they're obliged to sign or not to the Work Program,although they are obliged to attend.If anybody has been subject to this would be great to hear.Thanks.

As far as I am aware, participation in the Work Programme is mandatory if you are referred by JC+, failure to do so can lead to sanctions against her ESA payments.

Remember, your sister cannot be required to work or to seek work and her health conditions must be taken into account when deciding what activities she should take part in.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• ana
  • Topic Author
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #83105 by ana
Thank you for replying,but still not sure.I understand she can not be forced to look for work,but if she refuses to sign papers which would bind her with A4e for two years,would it make her look as not complying with the law?Thanks
Last edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by Gordon.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #83109 by Gordon
ana wrote:

Thank you for replying,but still not sure.I understand she can not be forced to look for work,but if she refuses to sign papers which would bind her with A4e for two years,would it make her look as not complying with the law?Thanks

I'm sorry but we don't have access to detailed information regarding the Work Programme and its procedures, so we are not in a position to advise.

There seems to be considerable misinformation in the public domain as to what is mandatory and what is voluntary, so I would urge caution in what ever decision is made as much of this "advice" is inaccurate or mis-placed.

Your sister has a right to understand what she is being asked to sign, what will happen as a result of her signing, and what will happen if she does not, however, she needs to ask the question of the JC+.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.