× Members

further evidence from GP ?

• evey23
  • Topic Author
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #83102 by evey23
further evidence from GP ? was created by evey23
Can anyone inform me if there is a standard form for my dr to fill in asking for further information about my illnessessregarding my re-assessment of DLA and Care Rate. Its just that I have been told by my medical centre receptionist that ANY dr in the practice can fill out my form from the DWP because all my details are on the computer. I do not agree with this as the dr I named has a lot more insight into my conditions and how they affect me. Some dr's I've never seen before. Should I contact my dr personally?
Thanks
Last edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #83106 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:further evidence from GP ?
Evey

There is a standard form, the DWP use for requesting medical information from a GP, however, what they might ask in the form is specific to each claimants case. So if your intention is to try and preempt this form being issued, its unlikely that you will be succesful.

All I can suggest you think about, is sitting down with your GP and discussing the problem. Is there anyway that they can assure that they answer a request for information from the DWP? Do they have a good understanding of your conditions and more importantly, how they affect your care and mobility needs?

The Catch-22 here is to avoid your GP simply replaying your words to the DWP as this will actually diminish your case.

Maybe other members can assist in answering your question.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• evey23
  • Topic Author
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #83108 by evey23
Replied by evey23 on topic Re:further evidence from GP ?
Thanks Gordon, sorry I didn't make myself very clear. My GP wrote me a letter of support outlining in great detail about my conditions which the DWP have. They are now requesting further information from him????? I needed to know if my GP would be given these forms to complete but I was told ANY GP in the practice would fill it out not necessarily my own GP.
Should I contact him directly as I don't want a GP who does not even know me complete these forms.

Is there a copy of the standard form that GP's fill out on this site?
Thanks Gordon
Last edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by slugsta.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #83114 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:further evidence from GP ?
Evey

I can't find a copy of the form online, so I am not sure whether it is unique to DLA or is a DLA version of the form used for ESA, the ESA113, I've included a link to the ESA version, but stress it may not be relevant

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/esa113-interactive.pdf

With regard the situation at you GP practice,I can only suggest you speak to your GP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• evey23
  • Topic Author
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #83115 by evey23
Replied by evey23 on topic Re:further evidence from GP ?
thanks. will do...... If the receptionist lets me speak to him. !!!!!!!
Last edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by slugsta.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #83118 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic Re:further evidence from GP ?
On my med form from ATOS it states the 113 was a phone call,No one knows if this was a phone call to the GP practice or what, however, it has not been mentioned to me via a GP at thepractice that they have spoken to anyone. I have asked the practice to sort me out a letter to support my claim to be placed in the support group from wrag.They have provided me with one and again do not mention about the 113 phone call either in the letter or to me. The letter is not beneficial in what they have written and we are at present reviewing the letter with my CAB advisor, hoping the GP practice will rewrite one something on the lines of one we are supplying them with to tweak.Perhaps they will then mention to me if someone has spoken to ATOS which will show that something has been said via them as a 113 phone call.
I have submitted a letter to the practice to view my records as many on this site seem to think this may be worthwhile.
Perhaps we should all look at doing so and following things up if one is unsure of their GP Practice.
One is very lucky if one has a good GP that will assist them, as many do not.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.